Youth Outdoors Leader
St. Paul, Minnesota 55107
Type of Job
Monthly living stipend, plus education award
Aug 6, 2021
About the job
Youth Outdoors Corps Members lead crews of Twin Cities’ youth participants in environmental education and community service projects after school and on Saturdays. The crews complete natural resource and restoration projects. Corpsmembers inspire youth, conduct community outreach and restore habitat in partnership with resource management agencies, working alongside conservation professionals.
This is a full-time commitment for a AmeriCorps service term. The Crew Member or Leader will receive a monthly stipend and an education award upon successful completion of the term that may be used for education expenses or to repay qualified student loans.
- Ability to work in an outdoor setting
- Desire to work with diverse youth in conservation, education and recreation settings
- Commitment to foster strong work habits, environmental ethics, youth leadership and team unity
- Desire to educate and inspire the next generation by leading interpretive programs
- Desire to learn skills in youth development and/or natural resource management; 15-20% of the service term is dedicated to technical and personal-skill training
- Positive attitude, interest in service and community work and desire to make a difference
Email our recruiter, Adrienne Amell if interested. email@example.com or visit us online at conservationcorps.org