Youth and Community Engagement Manager
Type of Job
Mar 31, 2021
About the job
Youth and Community Engagement Manager
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Youth and Community Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase awareness of, access to, and participation in Mile High Youth Corps (MHYC) programs across its 23-county service area. This fulltime position will develop, coach and supervise a team of 2-5 early career staff and Corpsmembers in community-based and virtual activities that foster connections between MHYC and 17-24 year old youth with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities, as well as other youth-serving organizations and agencies. The Youth and Community Engagement Manager will work closely with MHYC directors and program managers to meet the organization’s youth and staff recruitment goals. This position requires significant travel in and around Metro Denver, and occasional travel to Colorado Springs. Successful candidates will be able to thrive working with a broad range of organizational and community stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
· Increase awareness of, access to, and participation in MHYC programs by building and sustaining relationships with schools, youth-serving organizations, workforce centers, etc.; through community-based and virtual activities and events; and via social media and other web-based communications.
· Collaborate with MHYC Program Managers and other staff to design and implement recruitment and hiring plans that support the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals for Corpsmember and staff hiring and retention.
· Coordinate youth and community engagement activities conducted by staff, volunteers, and Corpsmembers including community-based recruitment and outreach, and related communications.
· Supervise a team of 2-5 early career staff and Corpsmembers.
· Ensure clear and consistent communication with hiring teams for each program.
· Collect and analyze data to assess youth engagement and recruitment processes, activities and outcomes, and develop/enhance strategies and processes as needed.
· Provide support for youth and community engagement efforts in MHYC’s Southern Front Range office.
· Work with Deputy Director to strategically establish, sustain and expand partnerships, referral contacts and collaborations with other agencies, community organizations, schools and youth groups.
· Represent MHYC in the community, at job/career fairs and networking events.
· Assist MHYC staff with Corpsmember and staff interviews.
· Work closely with the Development & Communications team to produce engaging promotional materials, web-based postings and social media campaigns.
MHYC is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we highly encourage you to submit an application anyway.
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Experience with MHYC’s core population of young adults ages 17-24 year old.
· Team leadership and/or supervisory experience.
· Proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and community stakeholders.
· Proven ability to develop and lead engaging and informative youth activities/presentations.
· Proven ability to develop and manage work plans, projects and timelines.
· Proven ability to develop and implement communication strategies and methods that reach specific audiences.
· Experience collecting and analyzing data to inform and prioritize decisions.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Functional skills with social media platforms.
· Prior experience with social, racial, and/or economic justice activities or programming.
· Knowledge of Denver Metro area, local community and youth organizations, schools, education and training organizations, and public agencies.
· Bilingual Spanish:English.
· Positive Youth Development (PYD), youth corps and/or AmeriCorps knowledge/experience.
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and/or other marketing tools.
· Valid driver’s license with insurable motor vehicle record (MVR).
· Because this position has recurring access to vulnerable populations, a criminal and FBI background check (including fingerprinting) is required.
· Pre-employment drug screen required.
· Must be able to legally work in the United States as verified by the federal E-Verify program.
Hours and Compensation
This is a fulltime salaried position (exempt/regular) with benefits; salary range is $42,000-$45,000/year DOE. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required. Position is contingent on funding and open until filled.
Candidates are asked to provide a resume and a cover letter including pertinent personal and/or professional experience. In the absence of specific work-related experience, applicants are encouraged to describe personal experience that pertains to position requirements in their cover letter. Email resume and cover letter to: (include “Youth and Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line). No calls please.
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin.