Writer / Editor
Lake Stevens, WA
Type of Job
$25 - $28/hour
Apr 16, 2021
About the job
Terms: Regular, part-time position (25-30 hrs/week)
Starting Salary: $25-$28 per hour, depending on qualifications
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be reviewed beginning April 26, 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted and position will remain open until filled.
The Snohomish Conservation District currently has an opening for a Writer/Editor position. A successful candidate will be resourceful; have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines; be able to communicate effectively with team members, collaborate with peers, and accept feedback from internal and external reviewers; and will have a proven track record in writing and editing high-quality content. This position will report to the Executive Director and provide support for all staff.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The writer/editor will:
· Write grant proposals and coordinate the grant proposal development process (40%)
· Provide editing for all external communication materials at the district (30%)
· Assist in developing communication materials (10%)
· Lead development of a style guide for external communications (5%)
· Create a library of background materials for grant applications, such as employee CVs (5%)
· Participate in meetings and develop meeting summaries (5%)
· Other duties as assigned (5%)
· Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
· 2+ years as a writer and editor
· Knowledge of environmental and natural resource issues
· Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and/or other style guides
· Demonstrated project management experience
· Good judgment and open communication
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple needs
· Familiarity with Smartsheet
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to organize and plan own schedule of activities, and to set priorities related to work goals
- Ability to work well with technically diverse project teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team setting
- Self-motivation and an ability to work independently
Schedule and Benefits:
This is a part-time position of 25-30 hours per week with the possibility of increased hours as additional needs are identified. Pro-rated sick leave, vacation, and medical/dental benefits provided.
All programs and services of the Snohomish Conservation District are offered on a nondiscriminatory basis, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
During the COVID pandemic this position will work remotely. Following the pandemic, when it is safe to return to in-person work, the Writer/Editor will work out of our Lake Stevens office, with the option to work remotely part of the time.
To apply for this position, please send the following in pdf format via email to Sarah Jones at email@example.com:
· Cover letter stating why you are interested in this position
· CV or resume detailing your related experience
· Three writing samples that illustrate your ability to organize and communicate technical and/or educational information
If you need accommodation during the application process, contact Sarah Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 722-2679.
Applications will be reviewed beginning April 26, 2021. Position open until filled.