Western Program Manager
Bay Area, CA or Phoenix AZ
Type of Job
Aug 19, 2022
About the job
EcoRise mobilizes a new generation of leaders to design healthy, just, and thriving communities for all. We work at the intersection of sustainability education, climate resilience, and environmental justice by elevating youth voices and advancing student-led solutions to real-world challenges. We offer a range of curricula and programs for students, teachers, school districts, and partners, designed to advance environmental literacy, sustainable schools, and equitable access to green career pathways.EcoRise seeks an experienced educatorto join our dynamic, fast-paced team of change-makers.
EcoRise seeks a self-motivated, highly organized, adaptable, and innovative individual with K-12 classroom-basedexperience for thefull timeposition of Program Manager.The Program Manager will support and grow our teacher-facingprograms in multiplestates,including but not limited to California, Arizona, and Oklahoma.The Program Manager will be responsible for teacher outreach and engagement, customized instructional support, professional developmentdesign and facilitation, the administration of Eco-Audit Grants to support student-designed sustainability projects, and hosting student innovation showcases. The Program Manager will report to theDirectorof School Programs and must be based in one of the stateslisted above.
- Recruit, engage, and retain K-12 teachers to participate in EcoRiseprograms including Sustainable Intelligenceand Green Building Academy programs.
- Organize and facilitate leading-edge professional development through customized, face-to-face and virtual workshops. Connect with teachers via email, video calls, and in-person visits to support the implementation of EcoRise lessons and resources. Create teacher resources to increase implementation, including standards-alignment guides, action plans, sample calendars, and how-to videos.
- Support teachers in applying for Eco-Audit Grants, both virtually and in-person. Review allstudentapplications, provide feedback, and fund student-designed sustainability projects.
- Organize and host virtual and in-person Student Innovation Showcases to connect students with green professional volunteers, andsupport execution of other regional showcases.
- Participate in and support community events relating to sustainability education and environmental justice tostrengthen partnerships that increase the efficacy and impact of our collective mission.
- Administerpost-program surveys and make data-informed decisions to improve program outcomes.
- Capture stories -using photography, video, and text -of EcoRise teachers, students, and schools and share with Communications Team for distribution via social media, blogs, impact reports, and monthly newsletters.
- Collaborate with local and regional organizations to achieve shared goalsand increase our collective impact.
- Leverage technology tools and applications such as Canvas, Salesforce, Google Suites, Dropbox, and Trello to effectively manage projects and data.