Vice President and Executive Director
Delta (Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi)
Type of Job
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
Mar 19, 2021
About the job
Interested individuals please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Audubon Society seeks a Vice President & Executive Director, Delta.
With a passion for birds and nature as the driving force, The National Audubon Society is one of the oldest and most influential conservation organizations in the United States. Today, Audubon is a $135M and 700+ employees’ organization with a network of over 1.8 million members, over 500 local and campus chapters, 22 field offices, 34 nature centers, and dozens of international partnerships.
The Vice President & Executive Director, Delta role coincides with a new Audubon regional office structure — combining the Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi offices: including three centers and one sanctuary (Pascagoula River Audubon Center and Strawberry Plains Audubon Center in MS, Paul J Rainey Wildlife Sanctuary in LA and Little Rock Audubon Center in AR), 16 chapters and a bipartisan membership base of 42,000. The new structure will provide opportunities to engage fresh audiences and deepen partnerships across state borders, as well as broaden policy influence at the local, state, and federal level.
Reporting to Audubon’s Vice President, Mississippi Flyway, the VP & ED, Delta is a high-profile position withoverall strategic and operational responsibility for a combine team of 35+ staff members who put more than $4.2 million to work for conservation each year. This position can be based in Audubon offices in Arkansas (Little Rock or Fayetteville), Louisiana (New Orleans), or Mississippi (Moss Point or Holly Springs).
Successful candidates will possess the following experience and education:
- 10+ years’ organizational leadership, preferably in conservation or civic engagement, including 3+ years as an executive over multiple programs and/or regions.
- In the field of conservation; knowledge of the Delta region and key leaders and partners is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leading execution of complex projects, including meeting financial goals, project deadlines, managing staff / partners, in organizations of similar or greater size.
- Success in fundraising; experience with major donors, foundations, corporations, and government funders.
- Public policy development and advocacy, campaigns, lobbying, and/or involvement in state legislature and/or Congress and Executive Branch leaders is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment; ability to build and lead a diverse team of staff, board members and supporters.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree strongly preferred.
Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Victory Search Group (VSG) has the privilege of leading the recruitment for the Vice President & Executive Director, Delta. VSG is a senior level retained executive search firm serving a select group of clients, including nonprofit organizations, from five offices across the United States. Highly collaborative and focused on customer service for over 18 years, Victory Search Group prizes our partnership with clients and their trust in our judgment, integrity and responsiveness.