USDA Forest Service Senior Analyst/Natural Resource Specialist/Project Manager
Type of Job
$98,496 - $128,043 per year
May 11, 2023
About the job
The position provides professional guidance, leadership, coordination, and program direction to the Planning Service Group. More information can be found here.
- Apply knowledge of land management and/or natural resource objectives and problems in the designated program area to investigate and define development needs.
- Perform assignments that involve initiating, formulating, planning, and executing major studies, or continuing specialized projects to resolve natural resources issues that are highly controversial.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on natural resource management activities to help ensure that resources are sustainably managed in accordance with science, best practices, and applicable federal and state natural resource laws.
- Develop briefing materials to be presented to diverse audiences that communicate the intent and importance of the program.
- Communicate effectively with the workforce, advocacy groups, and employees in other levels of the organization to discuss a range of issues including the human and environmental impact of natural resource decisions.
- Exercise interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, conduct effective briefings and presentations, and develop consensus both internally and externally within a diverse range of people.
- Lead assigned program performance accountability efforts, including enhancements to accountability databases, spatial accomplishment tracking tools, development of forest conditions reports and strategies to improve performance measures.
- Provide project management support and coordination for all aspects of a project.
- Assist organization leadership in maintaining awareness of climate change, ecosystem services cooperative forestry programs and sustainability concerns with respect to achieving the agency mission.
- Assist in the development and adoption of performance measures that demonstrate program outcomes for reports to congress and the administration.
**LOCATION INFORMATION: The duty station location is negotiable within the Forest Service Region 8 or Region 9 boundaries. Official duty location may be a Remote location or any Forest Service within the following states: Region 8: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. Region 9: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia.
**This announcement closes on 5/16/2023.
**If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org