USDA Forest Service Program Specialist - Portfolio Supervisor
Type of Job
$98,496 - $128,043 per year
May 11, 2023
About the job
These positions provide key leadership and supervision of one of the following portfolio areas: Adaptive Management, Ecology, Planning, Socioeconomics, and Species. More information can be found here.
- Advise senior leadership on interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies to ensure project compliance.
- Conduct a variety of studies, requiring an intensive analysis of problems, issues, or controversies pertaining to functions, programs, policies, and relationships of the resource program.
- Evaluate the content of new or modified legislation to determine the impact upon the agency?s programs and resources.
- Direct the preparation of written and oral presentation materials on programs to respond to principal agency officials.
- Serve as a professional staff contact of a resource program to maintain working relationships with officials of the agency, private industry, interested citizen groups, and congressional committee and subcommittees.
- Represent the agency in assigned areas, participating with top management officials to furnish specialized information for policy setting and overall planning.
- Seek and build partnerships to promote effective program opportunities to resolved mutual problems and implement strategic approaches for problem resolution.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for the unit?s work.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Supervises others less than 20% of the time.
**This announcement is open to: Current or displaced federal employees, individuals with disabilities, those with a special authority, current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land and base management agency, and Veterans.
**LOCATION INFORMATION: The duty station location is negotiable within the Forest Service Region 8 or Region 9 boundaries. Official duty location may be a Remote location or any Forest Service within the following states:
Region 8: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
Region 9: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia.
**This announcement closes on 5/16/2023.
**You may apply here: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/724701000
**If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com