US Forest Service Resource Assistant - Web Content Specialist
Type of Job
Jun 10, 2021
About the job
Title: US Forest Service Resource Assistant – Web Content Specialist
Start/End Date: July 26th, 2021 – January 21st, 2022
Term: 26 weeks
Reports To: US Forest Service Regional Office
Location: Albuquerque, NM 87113
Status: Full-time Seasonal, Exempt
Benefits: Health insurance, $2,750.00 for professional development funds, $1000.00/month Housing Stipend
Southwest Conservation Corps’ Mission
It is the mission of the Southwest Conservation Corps to empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities, and the environment.
Join the Southwest Conservation Corps’ Individual Placement team and help the US Forest Service carry out its mission of “caring for the land and serving people”. The Southwest Region Web Team provides technical support and management of 14 public facing and 200 internal websites. This individual will be working with specialists within the Web Program on two major projects. The first will be focused on the public facing World Wide Web (WWW) sites in the region and across the agency. This is the beginning of a multi-year migration to new systems throughout the region. The second project is a region wide intranet update which will impact 12 sites. These projects will be the primary focus of the individual and will present this resource assistant with a wide range of experience in HTML, CSS, Scripting, Content Management Systems, and manually maintained sites.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Content Review of selected sites.
- Remediation of HTML code for new site design, as identified within the content review.
- Review and editing of the desk guide for Public Affairs Officers
Preferred Qualifications: (Experience can be self-taught or in the classroom)
- Intermediate web development skills
- Advanced understanding of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Ability to recognize issues with and hand-edit HTML code
- Understanding of how CSS works
- Related certificates are a bonus, but no required
- Web Content Management – writing, editing, organizational skills
- Basic web development skills
- Basic understanding of HTML
The successful applicant must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision after the initial training period. Prior to starting this position, a government security background clearance will be required.
- Associated Degree
- U.S. CitizenshipPermanent Resident Card, INS form I-551
Alien Registration Card, INS form I-551
A passport indicating that the INS has approved it as temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence
A departure record (INS 194) indication that the INS has approved it as temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence
- Driver's License
- Per grant funding, candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 30
Apply at https://jobs.silkroad.com/ConservationLegacy/Careers/jobs/2796
To apply, please submit an updated resume and letter of interest along with the online application. ***Please include a portfolio of your work.
Contact Cait at email@example.com with any questions.