Transportation Electrification Senior Analyst
Oakland, CA; Boston, MA; Portland, ME
Type of Job
Commensurate with experience
Jul 14, 2021
About the job
Cadmus seeks a Senior Analyst to join a team of transportation electrification enthusiasts. We support electric utilities, government agencies, the private sector, and non-profits on a wide range of consulting projects involving electric vehicle charging infrastructure, fleet decarbonization, and clean transportation program design, implementation, and evaluation. We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who have experience and interest in the field of clean transportation, preferably across several fuel types and modes.
The Senior Analyst will work closely with senior staff to perform qualitative and quantitative research, develop and run analytical tools, and provide technical assistance related to electric vehicles and other clean transportation technologies and mobility solutions. This person may also engage in consulting projects related to energy efficiency, distributed energy resources (DERs), and building electrification.
The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, motivated, and capable of creative problem-solving and independent work. The candidate should also have a working knowledge across topics such as how DERs can be used to support the resilience of transportation electrification. In addition, the candidate should be able to work collaboratively, manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with input from supervisors, and have strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
We recognize the modern electric vehicle has only been on the market since 2011, so we provide on-the-job training and access to career development resources to ensure your success. Your continuous learning of skills and adoption of new technologies is key to the impact you will have in this role. You will interact with clients, EV charging station owner-operators, fleet managers, OEMs, and EVSE vendors to manage project-related documentation, track progress, engage in regular meetings and develop the scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects. Your knowledge of working with people, building relationships, and clearly communicating details will speak to your ability to support your team in delivering industry-changing projects.
- Deliver projects that expand and increase availability of EV charging networks and increase adoption of light-, medium-, and heavy-duty EVs
- Analyze best practices to promote EV deployment, critically assessing the role of regulations, incentives, and charging infrastructure
- Collect data and maintain databases on EV technology and charging data
- Conduct market research, surveys, interviews, and quantitative analyses, focused on technical, policy, and/or financial implications of EVs, charging infrastructure, and clean transportation technologies
- Lead or provide subject matter expertise to inform data analytics and modeling
- Clearly and concisely summarize analytical results (in Word or PowerPoint), ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to format and other pertinent details
- Support technical assistance requests and providing customer service to Cadmus clients and other stakeholders
- Report and present results, and findings, and actionable recommendations to clients
- Support project management in close collaboration with project managers and principals to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables to clients, by monitoring project schedules, budgets, and scopes against plan
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 5-7 years’ work experience OR a Master’s degree in relevant field and 3-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of—or the ability to quickly come up to speed on—issues related to EVs, EV charging infrastructure, DERs, and transportation planning. This includes developing a basic understanding of relevant concepts in the energy industry including rate design, grid impacts, and energy cost management
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- The ability to manage deadlines across multiple simultaneous projects
- High proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Strong network of transportation or clean energy professionals
- Project management and budget management experience
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills with advanced proficiency for modeling and analysis in multiple software tools such as Excel, database software, PowerBI, GIS, R, Stata, and other tools
- Ability to apply these skills to consulting projects on other issues including energy efficiency, DERs, and building electrification
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com