Temporary Program and Legal Assistant
Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, or Wyoming
Type of Job
Jun 10, 2022
About the job
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is seeking a temporary part-time (up to 30 hours per week) Program and Legal Assistant to join our team starting this summer. The Temporary Program and Legal Assistant will provide administrative and legal support to the Clean Energy Program’s (CEP) Colorado team, the CEP Director, and the VP of Programs and Policy while the Colorado CEP Program Assistant is on sabbatical. While this position will support our Colorado team, they may be based anywhere in our seven state region (Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, or Wyoming). This position will last from July 11, 2022 to October 31, 2022, and is an excellent opportunity to work on climate issues in the West!
About Western Resource Advocates
WRA fights climate change and its impacts to sustain the environment, economy, and people of the West. We respect the different needs of diverse people and partner with them to develop a shared vision for progress—one that advances communities while protecting biodiversity.
Our team of policy experts, scientists, economists, and attorneys has a 30-year history of working where decisions are made, sweating the details, creating evidence-based solutions, and holding decisionmakers accountable. This on the ground work with policymakers and other advocates advances clean energy, protects air, land, water, and wildlife—and sustains the lives and livelihoods of the West.
This position may work remotely from Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, or Wyoming or may work from any of WRA’s offices in Phoenix, Denver, Boulder, Santa Fe, Carson City, or Salt Lake City. A hybrid remote and in-office setting is also an option.
Responsibilites and Activities
- Provide administrative and legal support to Colorado Clean Energy Program staff. Duties include:
- Public Utilities Commission docket management – organize docket files, maintain CO calendar, update case log, provide initial drafts of WRA filings, file documents in PUC E-filings system, maintain service lists and serve WRA filings on parties, maintain discovery index, and other paralegal support.
- Help CEP staff and VP of Policy & Programs manage calendars & schedule meetings.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Administrative assistant experience.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage files, calendars, and strict regulatory deadlines.
- Strong communication, editing, and time management skills.
- Proficiency with computers; mastery of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Helpful, but not required, is having a legal work background and expertise, with an emphasis on administrative law.
- Commitment to WRA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
Hours, Wages and Benefits
Temporary part-time, non-exempt position, for up to 30 hours per week for $22.00 per hour. Sick leave available and accrues at 0.046154 hours of sick leave earned for each hour of work. Because this position is temporary, it does not include any other benefits.
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://westernresourceadvocates.org/#commitment-to-diversity.
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
Apply here if interested: https://westernresourceadvocates.org/careers/temp-program-legal-assistant/