Technology Services Specialist
Type of Job
$60,000 - $70,000
Apr 28, 2023
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To support our mission, we are seeking a Technology Services Specialist, Information Technology. Technology Services Specialists serve as the primary point of contact with staff at the National Wildlife Federation for day-to-day technology needs. The background and responsibilities include knowledge of the hardware and software used by NWF staff, confidence and interest in researching and troubleshooting new and existing technologies related to usability, durability, security, and attention to detail and process needed to enable efficient and resilient helpdesk operations.
Personal attributes required for this role: responsiveness to the typical range of technology understanding found in a large workplace, and commitment to a customer ethic that maintains and grows workplace productivity and satisfaction. Specialists are measured on both throughput performance and workplace improvement.
In this role, you will:
- Provide timely support to all staff on NWF-administered business-user hardware and software, including VoIP phones, laptops, mobile device connectivity, operating systems, MS Office, Zoom, and other business applications.
- Respond to requests through multiple means: telephone, email, face-to-face contact (due to COVID-19 this will be very limited) and help desk ticketing system (SolarWinds Service Desk). Maintain thorough notes of actions and resolutions, and conduct proper routing and escalations as outlined by the Helpdesk Team Lead and AVP of IT.
- Build and deploy new and existing computers on a set schedule. Contribute in maintaining and up-to-date computer asset inventory. Oversee hardware shipping and returns from HQ and all regional offices.
- Administer Office365, Azure (Active Directory, Intune, MFA, and Autopilot) SCCM, Apple MDM, Password Manager, HiveManager, Extensis Connect, Zoom (User, Phone, and Zoom Room System Management), Druva, Adobe Creative Cloud Enterprise, Esri Enterprise, Dell Tech-Direct, Dropbox Enterprise, Goto Resolve (Goto Assist), Mimecast and Listserv accounts and groups.
- Manage task lists and regularly communicate progress, barriers, and reprioritization needs with teammates.
- Contribute to business processes development and improvement. Advocate for changes to improve helpdesk operations. Follow SOPs and policies. Produce or contribute to helpdesk operations and IT policy documentation.
- Serve as a project team member on engagements executed within the Operations department. These can be projects led by other teams with tasks related to IT or IT-driven projects.
- Participate and assist in organizational events by providing IT needs.
- Participate in new hardware and software rollout requirements gathering, analysis, rollout planning, and training and adoption services and related performance KPI during and post-implementation.
- Co-lead the IT Ambassador Program, create session curricula and steward their assignments and contributions.
- Contribute to maintaining an up-to-date Knowledgebase documentation library living in SolarWinds. Includes scheduled document reviews and updating.
You will need:
- A+ certification or commensurate experience.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (2019-O365), Active Directory, macOS, and Windows 10. Experience in Office 365 and with SolarWinds ServiceDesk ticketing software a plus.
- Considerable understanding of current and emerging Information Technology, knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, LANs, WANs, computers, tablets, handheld devices, and telephony (VOIP)
- Detail-oriented, able to follow tasks through to completion including appropriate documentation.
- Proven consistency in following SOPs and delivery on SLAs
- Possess hands-on experience in building and maintaining computers.
- Efficient time management and task prioritization flexibility, comfortable with tight deadlines at times
- Able to build trusting, collaborative, and compassionate relationships.
- Feels personally accountable for individual and shared successes.
- Self-starter mentality owns problems and pulls in other resources and expertise as needed to sleuth and resolve.
- Capable of understanding the broader context and the bigger picture including NWF’s strategic vision and the essentials of our mission.
These proficiencies are typically consistent with at least three years of professional experience.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized.
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions.
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them.
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Location and Work Mode:
This position is based out of our Headquarters in Reston, VA. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a flexible and empowered work environment with an authentic community of care for all staff. In this position, the employee may work in the office, or in a hybrid manner, to be decided jointly with their supervisor in the final stages of the interview process. For more information on Work Modes, please review the benefits section of our careers page: https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000, commensurate with experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
For more information on our recruiting process, please review our Careers page: https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.