Talent and Culture Director
Type of Job
Jun 7, 2022
About the job
Evergreen seeks a full-time Talent and Culture Director to support Evergreen’s organizational growth as it fights for an all-of-government mobilization to tackle the climate crisis. The primary responsibilities will include working across the organization to maintain an effective and inclusive organizational culture and practices as we scale our organization. The Talent and Culture Director will partner with the Executive Director, Chief of Staff and other members of senior leadership, to drive the long term strategic plan for Evergreen’s growth, staff scaling and long-term goals. The Talent and Culture Director will lead recruiting and hiring efforts, helping us establish effective practices and processes to attract and retain star talent.
In partnership with the Chief of Staff and Operations and HR Director, The Talent and Culture Director will also work to implement Evergreen’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, integrating best-in-class team building, culture setting, and professional development/continuing education, while centering equity in all programs and operations The Talent and Culture Director will also identify innovative ways to ensure team cohesion across remote working environments. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced team environment, hiring experience and a deep commitment to equity and intersectional progressive policy-making.
- In coordination with the Leadership team, develop the organization’s long term growth strategy and align short, medium and long term goals
- In collaboration with the Chief of Staff and Operations and HR Director, enhance and drive Evergreen’s performance management program, including annual goal setting, goal monitoring and performance evaluation processes.
- Collaborate with Leadership and department leads to align processes, resources-planning and department goals with Evergreen’s overall strategy
- In collaboration with the Chief of Staff, Operations and HR Director and department leads, develop internal process improvements
Talent Recruitment and Retention
- With senior leadership, identify staffing and recruiting needs that align with Evergreen’s long-term strategic goals
- Develop innovative recruitment pipelines, hiring and talent management processes that are rooted in best practice in racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, including position definition, market research, posting, interviewing, and reference checking of qualified job applicants, collaborating with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for hiring needs.
- Work collaboratively with department directors and the Leadership team to identify strong candidates for key hires
Organizational Culture Building
- Lead the building of an organizational culture that is values- and purpose-driven, team-centered, inclusive, results-oriented, and joyful, and one that fosters performance, productivity, positivity, and all-around collegiality.
- Help implement Evergreen’s diversity, equity and inclusion programming and collaboratively develop new ways to enhance Evergreen’s commitment to environmental justice throughout the organization.
- Establish documents and practices to effectively center and maintain Evergreen’s values and impact-oriented culture as we expand.
- In collaboration with the Operations and HR Director, build new policies and processes that enhance Evergreen’s commitment to work-life balance.
- Create learning and professional development programs and initiatives that provide meaningful internal opportunities for employees.
- Plan and execute Evergreen retreats in collaboration with the leadership team and the Operations and HR Director.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job so we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described
- 7+ years experience in an HR or talent-related role
- Ability to develop and monitor indicators of organizational culture and engage employees and senior leadership to create organizational change
- A deep commitment to intersectionality-centered equity and an ability to engage with diverse staff and leadership to promote trust, collaboration, and partnership across departments and levels of leadership
- Experience working in, a non-profit or a campaign setting is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $105,000 - $125,000/year, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on retirement plan contributions and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Talent and Culture” in the subject line.
Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis and speed the transition to a just and equitable 100% clean energy economy. The president and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in an inclusive clean energy economy. We collaborate with climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Evergreen is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Evergreen’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.