Talent Acquisition Specialist
Type of Job
Aug 28, 2023
About the job
About NWF (Why us?)
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation (NWF or Federation) is America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. The Federation's mission is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change. Our work at NWF is critical to ensure wildlife and ecosystems thrive and you can be sure that your contributions while working here are making a difference!
About our People Team (What matters to us)
The People Team is dedicated to centering and partnering with our employees to provide them with the resources, tools and opportunities they need to be the best they can be at their jobs. We engage with staff authentically and ethically to foster a collaborative and affirming culture. Our commitment to the NWF team is to be great with People and align individual talent with organizational purpose. Our team dynamic is collaborative, supportive and solutions oriented. We seek win-win scenarios and believe in making a positive difference in the employee experience and our organizational culture.
About the Role (What you’ll do)
We’re looking for a dynamic, hands-on Talent Acquisition Specialist to partner with hiring managers and lead our end-to-end hiring practices to ensure a stellar candidate experience.
You will form close relationships within the Federation and develop innovative methods and strategies to ensure staffing needs are met. You’ll use your prior experience and passion for equity to ensure quality hires from diverse talent pools and pipelines.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand staffing needs and develop compelling job announcements
- Identify methods and strategies to elevate NWF’s profile to attract top talent and promote NWF as a destination employer
- Source candidates and build pipelines through various channels including online job boards, social media, networking events and industry associations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with candidates to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Utilize applicant tracking systems (ATS) and other recruitment tools to track and manage candidate process. Formulate recommendations on ways to improve the hiring process using data and analytics
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in talent engagement and acquisition
About You (What you’ll bring)
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and work experience
- Three+ years of experience in a talent acquisition or similar role
- Three+ years in full cycle recruiting using various selection and evaluation techniques. Professional credential a plus
- Knowledge of human resources processes and practices and industry trends
- Technical understanding of and proficiency with applicant tracking systems
- Strong interviewing and assessment skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities while managing details and meeting agreed-upon deadlines
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, exhibit professionalism in dealing with others, and maintain confidentiality
- Curiosity, a sense of humor and passion for positive impact
What you can expect
- Meaningful work in a role uniquely positioned to have impact across the organization because of its ability to participate in creating a high performing organization
- Opportunity to connect people and processes as part of a mission-driven team that is passionate about the work they do
- A team that believes in continuous learning and cultivates an environment where all members of the team help each other.
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example, using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about the workspace. The position requires mobility, including moving materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet).
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job’s principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word “may,” the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are “essential functions” of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized.
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions.
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them.
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s required equity competencies at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
Location and Work Mode:
The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a flexible and empowered work environment with an authentic community of care for all staff. In this position, the employee may work in the office, in a hybrid manner, or fully remote, to be decided jointly with their supervisor in the final stages of the interview process. For more information on Work Modes, please review the benefits section of our careers page: https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
Compensation and Benefits:
NWF’s pay is developed based on relevant job market data. NWF considers a candidate’s education, previous experiences, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity when making job offers. The target compensation for this role is $65,000 - $75,000.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits, and by Forbes as one of America’s best small employers! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
For more information on our recruiting process, please review our Careers page: https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.