Washington, DC, United States
Type of Job
Feb 11, 2022
About the job
The Systems Administrator assists the Director of Information Technology in aligning Defenders of Wildlife’s technical infrastructure and applications with changing business needs. This position maintains the organization’s on-premise and cloud-hosted file servers, electronic mail system, web servers, DNS zone files, Active Directory Services, server virtualization, Storage Area Networks, telecommunications systems, field office technical infrastructure to include Cisco Meraki VPN routers and video conferencing hardware and provides technical support to Defenders of Wildlife staff at all levels. The position is also responsible for IT security, security training and response to IT security threats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and maintain:
- Microsoft Office365 tenant and other SaaS cloud technologies
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V etc.
- Microsoft Windows Servers
- Spam and web filtering systems
- Mobile devices to include Android and iOS platforms
- Antivirus and antispyware platforms
- Both online and on premises backup systems
- Storage area network (SAN) systems
- Routers, switches, cabling and firewalls
- Telecommunications systems
- UPS battery backup systems
Review and assess:
- Monitor and respond to performance and security logs from critical IT systems
- Computer security notices and vulnerability announcements affecting Defenders software and hardware
Perform critical IT support functions:
- Perform backups of system and user data; restore data and/or systems as needed
- Regularly perform maintenance and apply required patches to vulnerable computer and network systems
- Document changes to critical IT infrastructure
- Provide technical training and assistance to employees as needed
- Supervise contractors performing work on Defenders’ IT infrastructure and verify the satisfactory completion of contractor assignments
- Respond in a timely manner to escalated help desk tickets
- Remotely support field offices and staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 4 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.