Sustainability Enagement & Events Coordinator
Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Job
Oct 22, 2021
About the job
The University of Utah Sustainability Office promotes the integration of sustainability principles, ideas and actions into university operations, education, and research. The Sustainability Office seeks an Engagement and Events Coordinator to increase campus engagement by connecting students, faculty, and staff with programs and events that promote a culture of environmental, social, and economic sustainability. The Sustainability Engagement and Events Coordinator will plan and implement activities that reflect U Sustainability’s commitment to social equity and justice, wellness, and environmental integrity, as well as recruit and manage student team members and volunteers. The Engagement and Event Coordinator will also coordinate logistics for Sustainability Office events, including room reservations, catering, staffing, etc.
We seek qualified applicants who bring perspectives and experiences that will enrich and strengthen our organization. We are interested in identifying and interviewing candidates who have experience with underserved and/or marginalized communities who are committed to advancing social equity and environmental justice in the sustainability movement. All candidates should be prepared to discuss how they see themselves contributing to the University of Utah’s equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts. We invite applications from candidates who may not have followed a traditional educational or professional path.
1. Develops and implements program goals and objectives that adhere to the Sustainability Office mission, vision, and equity commitments.
2. Mentors and manages student employees.
3. Coordinates and plans events with Sustainability colleagues and other university partners.
4. Manages event logistics, including but not limited to set-up, personnel management, catering contracts, etc.
5. Oversees daily program operations and coordinates program activities.
6. Recruits and manages volunteers where appropriate.
7. Monitors program quality and effectiveness and researches best practices.
8. Establishes program budget; monitors and approves related expenditures and ensures budget goals are met.
9. Advises staff, students and others regarding program policies, goals and related technical issues.
10. Prepares reports, financial statements and records on program status and progress for management and outside agencies.
11. Assigns, directs and reviews work of student support staff.
Part-time teleworking may be available. Open until filled. Apply now at https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/124639.