Sustainability & Resilience Program Coordinator
Type of Job
$67,521 - $90,478
Feb 17, 2023
About the job
SUSTAINABILITY & RESILIENCE PROGRAM COORDINATOR – POLICY AND GRANTS
This recruitment is open until the position is filled or a sufficient number of applications have been reviewed to establish a qualified candidate pool.
First review of applications will occur on March 9, 2023.
$67,521 – 90,478 Annually
The City of Tempe offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Pay Increases occur in July
· 12 Paid Holidays, 1 Personal Day, 8 hours Winter Holiday Leave
· Vacation Accrual; starts at 9.33 hours/month
· Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
· Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
· Wellness Program Discount on health premiums
· Medical Reimbursement Program; $53/month
· Tuition Reimbursement; $6,000/year
· Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.17% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
· Supplemental Retirement Plans through Nationwide; 457, 401K, and Employer contribution
To view the employee benefit summary, please visit:
Department / Division:
Sustainability and Resilience / Government Relations
Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position will enhance the identification of regional, state, and federal resource opportunities that align with City policy principles, develop grant proposals, and foster the relationships and connections to advance the City’s policy interests through strong state, philanthropic, and federal grant applications. This position would support the Sustainability & Resilience Office, Government Relations, and other Departments as needed.
· Monitor state, federal, and local grants; support departments with grant applications, writing, tracking, and reporting; support grants in the areas of emergency preparedness and resilience; contribute to development of federal and state grant strategies; manage the grant management system.
· Maintain relationships at the state level regarding climate policy.
· Support policy development and monitoring at the Arizona Corporation Commission.
· Work on energy decarbonization policy with APS and SRP.
· Support water policy development and monitoring with AMWUA, cities, towns, SRP, and CAP.
· Advance resource requests in the areas of housing affordability, homelessness outreach, and other human services areas.
· Monitor grant funding availability for Capital Improvement Plan projects, including parks, transportation, and water infrastructure.
· Monitor state legislation and policy, focusing on resource opportunities.
· Maintain relationships with Arizona federal delegation; further develop relationships with local philanthropy.
Requires two (2) years of experience working in municipal, county, state, or federal government. Policy experience in consulting roles, or as an in-house policy specialist can be a substitute; OR a master’s degree in a directly related field may substitute for the work experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, sustainability, urban planning, public affairs, public policy, or social work.
Applicants considered for this job classification must pass the following:
- Criminal history background investigation
For a complete list of City of Tempe job descriptions go to:
This position is FLSA Exempt which means employees are not eligible for overtime compensation and/or compensatory time.
Employees in this position are represented by the United Arizona Employees Association (UAEA).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The City of Tempe is an Equal Opportunity / Reasonable Accommodation employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will make a reasonable accommodation(s) during the recruitment & selection process. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Human Resources at 480-350-8276. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.