Staff Accountant, Structured Funds
Type of Job
Apr 11, 2023
About the job
Sol Systems is seeking a Staff Accountant, Structured Funds, to join our team at Sol Systems. If you are an energetic self-starter who is looking to grow quickly, taking on more responsibility as you improve your accounting and business skills, consider joining the Sol Systems team. In this role, you will work closely with Sol Systems’ Director of Accounting to support our accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions related to our Structured Funds, all of which are integral parts of Sol Systems’ success.
Sol Systems is a leading solar energy firm based in Washington, DC, dedicated to building a more sustainable future. Founded in 2008, the company deploys renewable energy infrastructure across the United States, with a specific focus on ensuring that these projects have a positive economic impact on the communities in which they operate. The company has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world to achieve a carbon-free and sustainable future. Sol has been founder-lead throughout its 15 years of operations, and is backed by KKR, one of the largest private equity firms in the world.
- Managing a variety of workflows and processes for multiple Sol Systems Structured Funds entities, including:Preparing journal entries and updating workbooks for monthly, quarterly, and annual close
Completing account reconciliations, financial statements, and other analyses to support our monthly close, consolidation and external reporting requirements.
Working closely with the Development and Asset Management teams to initiate, track, and reconcile payments related to our various solar projects.
Managing the reconciliation and settlement of intercompany balances between multiple affiliates and related parties
Assisting in the accounting and reporting research to analyze significant and/or complex non-recurring transactions.
- Assisting the team in recording Revenue and expenses/COGS for our multiple portfolios of projects.
- Innovating to create process efficiencies and optimize our use of available systems and technologies.
- Assisting with development, refinement, implementation, and documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls related to the corporate accounting, reporting, and tax function.
- Supporting and/or leading periodic special projects.
A successful candidate will possess the following competencies, skills, and attributes:
- Highly energetic and willing to learn new tasks quickly
- Hard-working and able to prioritize a large task load in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline oriented
- Self-Starter, hands-on, with careful attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or MS in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience as a staff or public accountant is required
Location & Hours: This is a full-time hybrid position that will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other traits. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.