SRF Watershed Coordinator
United States (multiple locations)
Type of Job
commensurate with experience
Nov 28, 2022
About the job
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.
Learn more and apply at
About Quantified Ventures’ SRF Solutions Team
Quantified Ventures’ (QV) State Revolving Fund (SRF) Solutions team seeks to hire 4 SRF Watershed Coordinators to support work in the Chicago area (1 coordinator position), the Colorado River Basin (1 coordinator position), Mississippi River Basin (1 coordinator position), and Texas (1 coordinator position). The SRF Watershed Coordinators will have a unique opportunity to connect watershed and conservation organizations with SRF funding and financing.
Despite broad eligibility to invest in nature-based solutions, currently 96% of SRF dollars are allocated toward grey infrastructure solutions. By bridging the gap between complex state and federal funding programs and hyper local watershed and conservation organizations, the SRF Watershed Coordinator will play a pivotal role in increasing natural infrastructure investments that lead to health and environmental benefits.
The SRF Watershed Coordinator will join the QV SRF Solutions team that is comprised exclusively of former SRF directors that seek to be water infrastructure change agents working at the nexus of community health, equity, finance, and resilience.
- Actively work to integrate into existing watershed and conservation organization networks with a goal of serving as a financial resource.
- Advocate to the state SRF program on ways to better connect SRF awards with natural infrastructure, including participation in the public comment period, in collaboration with other regional watershed and conservation groups.
- Support watershed and conservation groups in identification of repayment streams including carbon and stormwater benefits and potential resilience benefits.
- Lead project development process and pipeline development to state SRF programs.
- Facilitate and support nature-based solution projects through the SRF financing process, through execution, including supporting conversations with state SRF staff.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment. We seek entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to impact, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team develop innovative solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing our communities.
Our work is focused on developing and financing solutions that improve the health and wellbeing of all people and our planet. Strong equity skills and analysis are important to our work, as is the diversity of our team - across race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
More specifically, we seek candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Entrepreneurial experience starting up new programs or initiatives, including demonstrated experience originating and completing transactions
- Passion for advancing the field of conservation finance by developing innovative funding and financing models to access SRFs
- Passion for nature-based solutions in the region in which the SRF Watershed Coordinator is located
- Knowledge of conservation finance within the relevant states and deep connection with the region
- Ability to work with and connect external stakeholders including strong facilitation, negotiation, and coordination skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as a lead contributor, manager, and facilitator
- Considerable experience in program and project origination and management
- Considerable ability to develop programs, manage stakeholder processes toward results, and interpret SRF policy
- Breadth of knowledge across multiple disciplines (e.g., finance, law, and policy) and environmental infrastructure (e.g., land conservation, agriculture, water) to realize revenues from carbon offsets and ecosystem services
- Knowledge of or experience working with environmental infrastructure issues, regulations, or markets at the local, state and federal government levels
Required Education and Expertise
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, political science, business administration, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in either Clean Water SRF project development (in public or private sector) or 3 years of experience in conservation finance.
- Experience or desire to learn carbon and stormwater markets.
- Experience supervising staff and working across departments is preferred.
- Experience working with and facilitating collaborative outcomes with various stakeholder groups in environmental infrastructure design and project development.
Position Location Requirements
- This is a remote-first position. Team members must be located in the Chicago area (1 coordinator position within 1 hour drive of Chicago), the Colorado River Basin (1 coordinator position in Colorado, Utah, southern Nevada, Arizona, or western New Mexico), Mississippi River Basin (1 coordinator position in Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, or Wisconsin), or Texas (1 coordinator position anywhere in the state).
- Though this position is a remote-first position, an expectation of this position is frequent in-person meetings with stakeholders throughout the basin, pending health department recommendations. Candidates should anticipate 25%-50% regional travel after the initial on-boarding process.
- This is a limited-service position, with funding in place for two years, with possibility to extend or transition to permanent position.
Apply online at
Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed on a rolling basis.