Sr. Coordinator, Data Operations
Type of Job
Jun 8, 2023
About the job
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone in America has clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to the daily benefits of nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
NWF is seeking a Data Operations Coordinator to join our Operations and Technology department. This position is responsible for the data management of NWF’s mission-critical supporter systems and processes. This role is key to the smooth operation of outreach and interactions with our supporters. To be successful in this role, this person must have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. They must be able to work effectively with a range of stakeholders, including senior leadership, developers, and vendors.
- Monitor and manage data integrity tasks in NWF’s supporter systems (CRM and eCRM applications).
- Run and manage data hygiene jobs in NWF’s supporter systems (CRM and eCRM applications).
- Perform data management tasks such as data imports, exports, appends, and merges within NWF’s supporter systems (CRM and eCRM applications).
- Coordinate data appends with vendors.
- Create and perform quality assurance testing scripts related to functionality enhancements or bug fixes.
- Build and perform queries and reports for supporter system stakeholders and data owners.
- Manage the Data Privacy queue and perform communication preference updates to supporter records.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving operational efficiency, such as streamlining processes, eliminating redundancies, and elevating system capabilities.
- Provide training and support for supporter system users and vendors, and assisting with the integration of new data and applications.
- Provide support for the creation of various Data Strategy reports in Tableau, Looker, Airtable, ArcGIS and/or Excel.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities for system and data process improvements that align with team and organization priorities.
- Conduct research and stay up-to-date on nonprofit data and technology trends to recommend and implement new areas for support and improvement.
- Experience working in CRM/eCRM applications as an administrator or super user. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Engaging Networks, Every Action, Blackbaud or Salesforce a plus.
- Experience working with high volumes of data sets and performing data integrity/hygiene tasks.
- Experience with professional collaboration tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Airtable, or Tableau a plus.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager a plus
- Proactive and positive attitude, able to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities by staying focused and organized.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability of accurate data entry.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to explain complex scenarios.
Core Skills and Competencies:
- Act as a role model in the Operations and Technology department for The National Wildlife Federations’ core values and departments’ principles of critical-thinking, strategic decision-making, and proactive approach to work outcomes.
- Reflect the staff values of The National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
- Team player able to work proactively and collaboratively with staff, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Self-starter, ability to think outside the box and manage multiple projects from start to finish.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized.
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions.
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them.
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s required equity competencies at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
Location and Work Mode:
This position is based out of our Headquarters in Reston, VA. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a flexible and empowered work environment with an authentic community of care for all staff. In this position, the employee may work in the office, in a hybrid manner, or fully remote, to be decided jointly with their supervisor in the final stages of the interview process. For more information on Work Modes, please review the benefits section of our careers page: https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers.
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
For more information on our recruiting process, please review our Careers page: https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com or 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.