Spring 2024 Social Media Internship
Remote within US
Type of Job
Jul 31, 2023
About the job
Earthjustice’s Social Media team is accepting applications for one part-time intern for spring 2024 (January-May). We will accept applications from undergraduate students who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. This is a paid position. The successful candidate may work remotely or on a hybrid schedule from one of Earthjustice’s offices.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; preserve magnificent places and wildlife; advance clean energy; and combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals, and communities to engage in the critical environmental issues of our time and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
The Social Media intern will work with the social media team, which is comprised of three social media specialists, a paid media specialist, and a digital designer, to promote and uplift our courtroom victories that defend and strengthen the environmental laws that Earthjustice enforces in the courtroom. The intern will learn how a non-profit environmental organization engages with supporters via social media channels and gain considerable insight into follower acquisition strategy, social media analytics, and social media video production.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Social Media Manager, the intern will:
- Support our Twitter activity by scheduling Tweets and organizing them so they can be easily tagged in future posts.
- Pitch, create, and/or edit video content for all our social media platforms, particularly for TikTok and Twitch. If comfortable doing so, the intern may be featured within the content.
- Review and report on data analytics for all our social media platforms.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program during spring 2024. Programs that focus on communications, marketing, video production, or a related field are preferred.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms, particularly Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitch.
- Demonstrated passion for and experience participating in the environmental movement.
- Interest and experience in data analytics preferred.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Must commit to 15-20 hours/week for part-time candidates and 37.5 hours/week for full-time candidates.
Internships at Earthjustice are paid. Undergraduate students will receive $18.07/hour, less applicable taxes.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials by August 27, 2023 via Jobvite. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 28 with offers extended no later than November 3.
- One-page cover letter that addresses: (1) Why you want to work with Earthjustice’s Social Media team; (2) The number of hours, or a reasonable estimate, you are available to work per week; (3) Any information about yourself that is not apparent or fully explained in your resume; and (4) An indication of any applicable deadlines or requirements that are relevant to your submission or ability to accept an offer.
- Additional Documents (select “Add Files” in Jobvite): social media portfolio – you may upload a document with links, handles, and/or screenshots
- Finalist(s) will be asked to submit 2 references, including one academic and one professional reference.
Information about our hiring process and tips for success can be found at https://earthjustice.org/about/jobs/hiring-process. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies. Earthjustice only considers applications submitted for current openings via Jobvite. Unsolicited resumes or resumes for posted positions that are not submitted via Jobvite will not be reviewed or retained.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.