Solar Account Manager
Remote (Reporting to San Francisco, CA)
Type of Job
Please send salary requirements with cover letter
Aug 16, 2022
About the job
RE-volv Employment Opportunity
Title: Solar Account Manager
Primary Location: Remote (Reporting to San Francisco, CA)
Reports To: Director of Solar Project Operations
Application Deadline: 09/06/22
The Solar Account Manager Role
RE-volv seeks a highly motivated Solar Account Manager with 3-5 years of solar sales experience. The Solar Account Manager will lead RE-volv’s nonprofit commercial solar sales process including but not limited to: lead generation, evaluating leads, developing solar finance proposals, presenting proposals to potential customers, and shepherding customers through contract-signing. The right candidate will have extensive experience in solar energy sales, electricity bill analysis, solar proposal creation, and customer relationship management. They’ll also have great project management skills, a creative spark, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. They will aim to use their exemplary relationship skills to build strong long-term relationships with our nonprofit clients.
RE-volv is a nonprofit climate justice organization that helps community-based nonprofits around the country go solar. While doing so, we educate community members about the benefits of clean energy, and train the next generation of clean energy leaders. RE-volv empowers communities by providing the upfront costs of installing solar energy systems to local nonprofits allowing them to immediately save on their electricity costs. This innovative solar financing model allows nonprofits to better use those dollars towards serving their community. With each nonprofit solar project, RE-volv aims to engage and benefit as many people as possible and in doing so, help change the climate and clean energy narrative in America.
RE-volv is U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Innovation Network awardee, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship.
This is a full-time position which can be done remotely or from our San Francisco office. It requires creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits, and generous paid time off. RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
- Work with our EPCs, partners, and volunteers to generate nonprofit solar leads
- Develop and manage RE-volv’s pipeline of nonprofit leads interested in exploring solar financing and work with RE-volv staff and advisors to analyze and present attractive proposals
- Conduct discovery calls and proposal walkthroughs, and help guide nonprofit staff and constituents along their solar journey
- Manage nonprofit accounts and provide excellent customer service to active clients
- Work closely with Director of Solar Project Operations to explain RE-volv's offerings which include solar leases and PPAs to nonprofit clients
- Develop channel partnerships with synergistic nonprofits and EPCs
- Lead contract negotiations between clients and RE-volv’s legal counsel
- Work with Community Engagement Coordinator to train volunteers on prospecting clients and account management best practices
- Work with Solar Ambassador volunteers to develop relationships with leads
- Work with Asset Manager on various customer facing tasks post-installation e.g. monitoring, billing, and maintenance
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of solar account management and/or solar sales experience
- Preferred: outbound and inbound commercial solar sales experience
- Proven track record of individually growing and managing a portfolio of small and medium sized solar projects
- Extensive experience analyzing electricity bills and developing proformas to model ppa rates and cash flows
- Extensive experience building solar finance proposals using Energy Toolbase, OpenSolar or similar software
- Eye for increasing efficiencies and process improvements
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- Proficiency with managing sales process through Salesforce
- Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
RE-volv is strongly committed to equality of opportunity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, genetics or other protected category. We endeavor to build a workplace environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is September 6th. All applications will be reviewed at that time. Please write “Solar Account Manager Application - Last Name, First Name” in the subject line. No calls, please.