Social Media Manager
Type of Job
About the job
- The National Parks Conservation Association, a 100-year old nonprofit advocacy organization and the nation’s leading voice for national parks seeks a Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager will manage NPCA's social media accounts to engage and grow our online community, including day-to-day strategy and execution. Develop compelling, creative and engaging copy for all social media channels, including basic graphics and images where appropriate. The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for:
- · Working closely with staff to advance NPCA's policy agenda at the national and regional levels. Collaborate with other communications staff to develop messaging in support of national and regional policy initiatives.
- · Working closely with blog and magazine staff to develop promotion plans for NPCA’s original content. Actively collaborate with membership, development, corporate partnerships, and other NPCA teams to ensure all public-facing programs are represented in NPCA's social channels.
- · Analyzing data to draw actionable insights about campaign performance and make recommendations for improvement. Assist Senior Manager in setting and measuring growth and engagement goals.
- · Developing and implementing content for NPCA’s social media and other online advertising, including Google AdWords.
- · Engaging with NPCA’s social media audience, including the Protect Our Parks group. Act as initial point of contact for social media inquiries from members and supporters. Coordinate with media team to manage inquiries from news media.
- · Helping to lead NPCA's efforts to introduce new people to America's national parks by driving national narratives about the cultural and historical value of national park sites to communities, including communities of color.
- Location: Washington, DC (remote until office reopens)
- Salary: Salary is based on location and experience. Washington, DC (up to $60k)
- Please visit our website at for a full job description. To learn about our comprehensive benefits package, click: https://www.npca.org/resources/3143-resources-for-job-applicants.
- Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to under "Careers". No phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link below: