Social Media Associate
Type of Job
Sep 20, 2021
About the job
Defenders of Wildlife is a leading environmental non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of all native animals and plants in their natural communities. The Social Media Associate is responsible for the management, growth, and cultivation of Defenders’ online communities across Defenders’ social networks. This position partners closely with Defenders’ Conservation Programs to promote our work and educate constituents about our mission and impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage Defenders’ online national community across various social media properties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and blogs.
- Write, edit, and publish social media content based on the strategy managed by the Director of Social Media.
- Monitor and moderate comments and conversations from our national social community for both paid and organic posts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns through social media, coordinating with the Director of Social Media and Member Services as necessary.
- Regularly report back to the Director of Social Media on relevant issues, member concerns, and trends in the online community. Monitor and present emerging trends aimed at improving engagement.
- Monitor for brand mentions across all social media and engage with posts that provide an opportunity to positively impact brand reputation.
- Meet with Conservation Program teams internally at Defenders or were assigned, coalition meetings with external partners to understand and influence how we communicate their messages across Defenders’ social media platforms.
- Identify and engage target groups and individuals on key issues via social media, coordinating with internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Social Media in training Defenders’ staff in using social media to promote their work and relevant issues.
- Responsible for identifying source material for promotion via our social media channels. This may include internally sourced content, relevant articles and publications, and images. This position is responsible for ensuring that the full message presented is in line with the Defenders’ position and viewpoint.
- Support Defenders outreach and grassroots activities under direction from the Director of Social Media. This could include the creation and dissemination of social media tool kits.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 4 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders require employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.