Social Media and Digital Advertising Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT; Moab, UT; or Washington, DC
Type of Job
$45,000, adjusted DOE
Jun 11, 2021
About the job
The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA), Utah’s largest conservation organization, has an immediate opening for a full-time Social Media and Digital Advertising Specialist. The position is based in our Salt Lake City; Moab, UT; or Washington, DC office.
The Social Media and Digital Advertising Specialist is a motivated digital communications professional with a proven track record in audience development, digital engagement and advertising, and SEO and data analysis. Working at the direction of the Media Director and with the Communications Manager, the Social Media and Digital Advertising Specialist is passionate about digital storytelling and adept at using analytics to optimize activist and member engagement. The ideal candidate has a track record of converting complex issues into engaging, actionable, and informative content. Experience in political or advocacy campaigns is desirable but not required; applicants with relevant B2C digital marketing experience are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send the following materials to Mathew Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org: a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references. In addition, applicants are encouraged to send a work sample document containing 5-8 links or files of representative social media work, such as blog or social media posts, memes, advertising creatives, or videos or slideshows.
Please direct questions to this email address as well. The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- Execute a results-driven social media and online advertising strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for all social media and digital advertising platforms.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key advertising and social media metrics.
- Set up, optimize and manage ongoing and discrete digital advertising campaigns, including management of ad budgets, A/B testing ad creatives, setting up audiences, and optimizing for conversions.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Assist in the management of the SUWA website, media database, Patagonia ActionWorks page, and broadcast SMS and CRM platforms.
- Assist in sending out email and SMS alerts and press releases as needed.
- Working with the Organizing team, schedule, plan, run, and analyze digital events such as webinars, trainings, and other events to build our digital and grassroots community; and analyze and make recommendations to improve the Organizing team’s use of the digital space.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and social media management tools.
- Proficiency with photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Excellent social listening skills.
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content, social media, and online advertising spaces.
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Professional experience working with CMS and CRM platforms.
- Professional experience with Google Analytics/Tag Manager, including setup, optimization and analysis of Goals, Ecommerce, Funnels, and UTM source codes.
- Professional experience developing, managing, and optimizing targeted advertising campaigns on Facebook, Google Ad Network, and/or other online advertising platforms.
Familiarity with Blubrry, WordPress, Blackbaud/Luminate Online, Phone2Action, Photoshop, Adobe Spark, Meltwater, or similar platforms is desirable but not required.
Familiarity with the environmental and conservation movement is desirable but not required.
Education, Experience, and Salary
Associates or Bachelors degree, or relevant technical or professional training or accreditation in lieu of college.
2+ years experience with political, advocacy, or B2C social media marketing, organizing and content development, and commensurate experience managing Google Ads, Facebook, or similar advertising platform accounts.
Starting salary for two years experience is $45,000, adjusted DOE. SUWA provides vacation, holiday and sick leave; health insurance; retirement benefits; and disability. Relocation reimbursement provided.
Location and Start Date
The Social Media and Digital Advertising Specialist is based in SUWA’s Salt Lake City, UT; Moab, UT; or Washington, DC office.
Start date: August 16-September 7, 2021
SUWA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. SUWA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
SUWA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the outstanding wilderness at the heart of the Colorado Plateau, and the management of these lands in their natural state for the benefit of all Americans. SUWA promotes local and national recognition of the region’s unique character through research and public education; supports both administrative and legislative initiatives to permanently protect Colorado Plateau wild places within the National Park and National Wilderness Preservation Systems, or by other protective designations where appropriate; builds support for such initiatives on both the local and national level; and provides leadership within the conservation movement through uncompromising advocacy for wilderness preservation.