Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Spring Half-term Member
Type of Job
Jan 15, 2021
About the job
We are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to devote 5 ½ months of service to protect Sierra natural resources and sustainable communities. During the term, SNAP members will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
The deadline for applying is February 8th, 2021. Members will serve full-time from April 5th, 2021 to September 18th, 2021. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions and will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education, and volunteer recruitment and management. For more detailed information on service descriptions, please see the attached document on 2021 SNAP Half-Term Position Descriptions.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant's ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly stipend of $1,390 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 180 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $3,172.50 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply
- Download the 2021 Half-Term Application packet.
- Fill out an application through MyAmeriCorps.
- Fill out the online SNAP Member application. A sample of the online application is available in the SNAP Member Application Packet.
- Email your resume and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP position and your best qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Be sure to use the email subject: “SNAP Application”.