Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Member
Type of Job
$1,500 per month
Mar 9, 2022
About the job
Each year, the Sierra Nevada Alliance places 32 AmeriCorps members with partner conservation organizations throughout the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California. During their terms of service, members restore and monitor impaired Sierra watersheds, educate local residents and visitors on environmental issues, and recruit and manage volunteers for a variety of programs. SNAP members gain skills and technical training, are mentored by outstanding environmental leaders, and provide a meaningful contribution to the communities of the Sierra Nevada.
Location: Current positions are available in various locations in California, including South Lake Tahoe, Nevada City, Sonora, Truckee, and Independence.
Service Commitment: April 15th - September 30th, 2022. Members make an 5.5-month, full-time commitment to serve a nonprofit organization or public agency in the Sierra Nevada.
While each SNAP Position has unique requirements related to the position’s function, the SNAP Program has some general requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S. High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older
- Must not have a criminal history that results in the applicant’s inability to serve as an AmeriCorps member
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly stipend of $1,500 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 170 hours of technical, ecological, and skills-development training
- AmeriCorps members that successfully complete a full-time 900 hour service term will earn a $3,247.50 Segal Educational Award for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses
- Download the SNAP Member Application Packet here.
- Fill out the SNAP online application here.
- Apply to the SNAP Program through the My AmeriCorps website here. (To find our listing, log in, navigate to “Applicant Home,” click “Search Listings” (in left sidebar), then use the following information in the “Quick Search” box: search for “Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership” under “AmeriCorps State / National” in California. If you are having trouble completing this application, please use email listed below.
- Email your resume and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to Seth Connolly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application period open until positions are filled!