Senior Technical Analyst
Type of Job
75,000 - 85,000 USD
Mar 17, 2023
About the job
Position Title: Senior Technical Analyst
About Fresh Coast
At Fresh Coast Climate Solutions, we work to reverse climate change by helping clients achieve bold, equitable, and impactful solutions. We coach a diverse set of private, NGO, and public sector clients toward smarter and more impactful sustainability practices. We are looking for team members that share a similar passion and vision and who are excited to work on challenging issues, tackle something for the first time, and come to the table with bold and transformative solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
Fresh Coast Climate Solutions is looking for a bold and detail-oriented Senior Technical Analyst with a passion for sustainability. Reporting to our Technical Director, the Senior Technical Analyst will deliver on scientific and technical project requirements to help our clients advance meaningfully and confidently in their sustainability journey. You will work toward a more just climate future by conducting greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting to various methodologies, carbon avoidance due diligence, project feasibility analysis, lifecycle analysis (LCA), among other responsibilities. In this role, you will build client-facing presentations and generate actionable recommendations for clients. You will be a key contact for our diverse clientele, guaranteeing the success of small-to-medium projects in a timely manner and within budget. As the Senior Technical Analyst, you will be a vital part of Fresh Coast Climate Solutions as we continue to build our climate technical capabilities and find transformative solutions to the climate crisis.
You are the best candidate for this position because you are:
• Able to identify problems, but are adept at coming to the table with ideas and
solutions, including new ideas that have never been attempted before.
• You are a life-long learner, appreciate a good challenge, and enjoy trying new
• You are a true believer that diversity makes us stronger and more impactful.
• Passion and demonstrated commitment for the climate and social, racial, gender,
and environmental justice
• Bachelor's Degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related field
• Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills
• At least 2 years of experience completing Scope 1, 2, and 3 GHG accounting in
alignment with the GHG protocol, life cycle assessments (LCAs), or similarly
detailed technical GHG emissions work
• At least 2 years of experience completing high quality technical sustainability
projects and deliverables to clients
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach to working with colleagues and clients
• Ability to convey complex topics in a succinct and purposeful manner
• Desire and aptitude to learn and grow in this role
• Master’s degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related field
• Experience working in diverse and frontline environmental justice communities
• Wide knowledge base of GHG accounting and target setting protocols, standards,
and principles (SBTi, TCFD, EU Taxonomy, etc.)
• Experience working in the manufacturing sector
Salary and Benefits
Compensation: $75-85k depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: Approx. 35-40 hours a week, with significant flexibility
• Unlimited PTO with a minimum of 3 weeks per year
• Employer-funded medical, dental and insurance for full-time and part-time
• 401k plan with Betterment, offering climate-conscious investment options
• 13 paid holidays, with a focus on prioritizing holidays that celebrate diversity,
equality, and service, and the ability to flex depending on cultural or religious
• Parental, medical, personal, and bereavement leave
This position also offers:
• A chance to be at the table with visionary leaders and work to address the climate
• Up-close experience with the process of growing an early-stage venture
• Mentorship from a world-class team of climate professionals
• Opportunities for growth (training and professional development, as well as
growth within the company)
• A workplace culture of deep respect, humor, support, etc.
Fresh Coast Climate Solutions is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace
centered on equity and providing an inclusive, welcoming, and culturally responsive
environment for all members of our team, our partners, and clients.
We strongly encourage BIPOC folks, women, LGBTQ+ folks, and people with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.