Senior Program Manager, Climate Solutions Collaborative (C2C)
New York, NY
Type of Job
80,000 to 90,000
Dec 8, 2020
About the job
The C2C Senior Program Manager is a key member of the Climate Solutions Collaborative
team with significant research, analysis and communication responsibility. The Senior Program
Manager will support the C2C Senior Program Director by providing the analytical foundation
for a new program focus on the Net Zero Pathway in the Paris Accord. This role will track policy
changes, financing breakthroughs, and investment initiatives and support C2C members in
their unique investment approaches. This position offers ample opportunity for writing,
creativity, network building, and professional growth.
Reports to: Senior Program Director, Climate Solutions
Compensation: $80,000 - $90,000 FTE with full health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Location: Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut), within commuting
distance of the New York City office. Must be available weekdays starting at 9:00 am – 6:00
pm (anticipate shorter summer hours). The job will start with telecommuting until it’s safe for
the office to open. Domestic travel will be a required component of this job. Expect 2-4
domestic trips a year, once the pandemic is over.
Please do not consider applying if you are not planning to work from the Tri-State Area. There
will be no exceptions as we adhere to Federal Employment Laws.
• Climate Finance and Policy Research and Analysis: Provide basic analysis and
breakdown of climate science, the financial implications of climate change, and what is
needed to futher a Net Zero pathway. Evaluation and analysis of metrics that measure
how to assess what investment strategies are effective for removing carbon, and what
resilience strategies entail. Clear presentation of findings for reports, blogs, power point
presentations and articles.
• Industry Tracking: Daily news scan to follow trends and breakthroughs in the climate
finance industry and keep the Confluence team updated; construct timely briefs and
reports for internal and external communications to support members interested in
climate finance and policy. Post timely news and analysis on Confluence’s social media
• Project Management: Participate in further developing the Climate Solutions
Collaborative programming. This includes implementing the engagement strategy for
C2C’s Decarbonzing Bank Lending Initiative to organize members and key partners to
use their leverage to engage with their banks regarding climate lending policy. Also
included is research, analysis and metrics to develop a Net Zero pathway for members to
align with the Paris Agreement.
• Membership Cultivation: Compile technical information to support members by request.
Review climate-related member applications and make recommendations to the
membership committee. Participate in climate related networking events and assist with
engagement and recruitment efforts.
C2C Convening: Help develop and manage C2C’s learning series. Tasks include:
conducting research about potential topics and speakers, event materials and
presentation preparation, post meeting follow-up.
• Admin and Organizational Development: Maintain correspondence with members;
participate in weekly staff meetings and discuss growth opportunities; assist in database
upkeep and other admin tasks as requested.
• MBA or business related graduate degree, or similar experience.
• At least three years professional experience in climate-related finance or climate finance
• Strong research, analytical, data and project management skills.
• Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient and self-directed work style.
• Ability to build trust and easy rapport with investment professionals and industry thought
• Experience in working on a small team with limited administrative / office support.
• Emotional and social intelligence, and the ability to perform under pressure with ‘high
power’ executives with grace, poise, and (hopefully) humor.
• A high level of discretion for both professional and personal affairs.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Edie Farwell, Climate Solutions
Senior Program Director: