Senior Policy lead
Type of Job
Feb 11, 2022
About the job
Evergreen seeks a full-time Senior Policy Lead to support the development of bold, detailed policies to decarbonize the US power sector and transition to 100% clean energy. The primary responsibilities will include working with the Policy Director on policy analysis and the development of new policy products that promote the clean energy standards, federal climate investments, and the prioritization of environmental justice throughout federal climate policy towards the goal of decarbonizing the US power sector. The ideal candidate will have strong policy research and analysis skills, a deep understanding of climate policy and advocacy, working knowledge of the Clean Air Act and 2-4 years experience working on federal climate policy or politics.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborate in creating original policy research and development for Evergreen policy products pertaining to the power sector and related sectors
- Collaborate with our Campaigns team to help lead Evergreen and the broader climate community to strategically advocate for said policies
- Assist in Evergreen policy rollouts
- Draft multipurpose policy content for digital and press team
- Research and monitor existing and new legislation as it relates to Evergreen policy priorities, and monitor relevant committee activities
- Identify opportunities for Evergreen to participate in the debate on federal climate policy
- Represent Evergreen to decision-makers, coalitions of partner organizations and to the media
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job so we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet everyone of our qualifications as described
- 2-4 years experience in federal climate policy research or analysis, with a working knowledge of the power sector
- Experience working in government, a non-profit, or a campaign setting is preferred
- A graduate degree or law degree is a plus, but not necessarily required
- Working knowledge of the Clean Air Act and regulatory opportunities to address power sector pollution
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and see them through to completion
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and
vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and
paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Power Sector” in the subject line.
Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis. The president and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in a just and inclusive clean energy economy. We empower climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Evergreen is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Evergreen’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.