Senior Marketing Manager
Remote, or Charlottesville, VA
Type of Job
$70,000 - $90,000
Jul 7, 2022
About the job
Generation180 is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA. We inspire and equip individuals to take action on clean energy. We create opportunities for new voices to be heard as clean energy advocates and we invest in their growth as leaders.
Momentum for clean energy and climate action is at a high point and growing, putting us on the verge of a cultural and economic shift away from fossil fuels toward a cleaner, healthier, more equitable future for everyone. Generation180 works to accelerate this shift by providing individuals with clear pathways to action and popularizing a new narrative of agency and hope.
The Senior Marketing Manager plays a key role in the organization and is joining at an exciting moment in Gen180’s evolution as we scale our work across the country. The Senior Marketing Manager will be a dynamic marketer with the ability to significantly raise the visibility and influence of Generation180 and bring the organization to new audiences.
As part of a small, best-in-class, fast-paced communications team, the Senior Marketing Manager leads brand, growth, digital content, and marketing strategies across all the organization’s campaigns, in coordination with the Communications Director. This role involves overseeing the development and execution of creative marketing strategies across Gen180’s current and future online platforms in order to drive traffic, engagement, and individual actions to advance Gen180’s mission to fight climate change.
We are seeking a senior team member with strong marketing and communications experience who knows how to tell a compelling story, is well-versed across a wide variety of content formats and channels, and has the ability to “roll up one’s sleeves” to get the work done.
The Sr. Marketing Manager will plan and execute campaigns across our two core marketing channels: email and social media. Additionally, they will design a strategy to level up the sophistication of the communications team’s data management, marketing automation, analytics tracking, and reporting across these same two channels.
● Develop and lead a sophisticated marketing strategy to reach defined target audiences with high impact messages that move audiences to action.
● Ensure that Gen180’s brand position, visual identity, and messaging are clear, compelling, and consistent across various marketing platforms.
● Lead audience growth strategy, including organic, paid, event, and partner acquisition channels.
● Collaborate with the leadership team to develop, optimize, measure, and grow Gen180’s campaigns and audience growth. Work with the Director of Communications to develop Gen180’s thought leadership plan and identify opportunities to enhance the organization’s position in the clean energy landscape.
● With the Director of Philanthropy, work to ensure the organization’s brand and value proposition resonate with and inspire increased investment from and engagement of funder prospects.
● With Director of Leadership and Engagement, build and maintain engagement opportunities that attract attention, recruit new supporters, and convert supporters to active clean energy ambassadors.
● Oversee market and trend data analysis; recommend new strategies or adjustments to current programs, campaigns, and content/publications.
● Guided by data, optimize content across digital channels and develop new and improved ways for digital storytelling, including video, podcasts, and animations on Gen180 channels.
● Lead marketing strategy across Gen180 engagement channels and platforms.
● Explore, test, and iterate new communications technologies and platforms for wider or varied audience segmentation reach.
● With the program and communications teams, plan, develop, and oversee paid and organic email and social media marketing campaigns.
● Own the management, organization, analysis, evolution, and growth metrics reporting of Gen180’s email lists, CRM, and data management related to audience growth.
● Advise, guide, and develop promotion and amplification strategies for Gen180 events.
● Advise Gen180 on current digital marketing trends and audience growth best practices for advocacy organizations.
● Lead optimization of a digital editorial content calendar based on trends in SEO analytics.
● Must maintain a pulse and expertise on industry best practices across social media, content marketing, online news platforms, experiential and digital marketing.
● At least five years leading marketing campaigns (in cause-focused organization a plus)
● Deep expertise across paid media channels, SEO platforms, Google Analytics, and data-driven decision-making and content creation.
● Proven track record of leading organic and paid strategy and execution of branded marketing campaigns, ideally for an environmental, transportation, public health or climate movement campaigns.
● Proven track record of leading growth marketing efforts that substantially increased user/customer base.
● Demonstrated ability to utilize a mix of media to achieve goals (including print and digital, social media platforms, in-person presentations, videos, brochures, etc. to reach and persuade specific audiences).
● Adept in using research, data, and insight to achieve meaningful understanding of target audiences, shape strategic thinking, and drive thoughtful tactical execution that engages audiences in new ways.
● Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
● Ability to quickly produce clear, concise, compelling, on-brand written copy for social media and email marketing campaigns.
● Highly collaborative style with ability to operate as a thought partner to the executive director and leadership team.
● Experience using HubSpot or similar marketing platform/CRM.
● Excellent collaboration skills and positive attitude.
● Passion for Generation180’s mission and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are a team-oriented organization. Generation180 employees enjoy a positive, fun and collaborative work environment and have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the planning, execution, and growth of the organization.
● Generation180 staff has regular social events together (virtual and in-person), including staff retreats
● We walk the talk and encourage use of local energy and low-carbon choices at home and work
● We encourage work-life balance and allow staff to flex hours during the week
● We welcome diversity and staff members with unique experiences and perspectives, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals
Compensation & Benefits
● Compensation range is $70,000 to $90,000 per year, depending on experience. We welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who have the skills to fulfill this role–regardless of compensation history.
● Generation180 offers very generous benefits: Full-time employees receive 4 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days per year, and 12 holidays. Health, dental, and life insurance are provided along with HSA contributions and reimbursement for vision expenses. Additional benefits include: retirement contributions, paid parental leave, childcare reimbursement, professional development funds as well as one week of additional leave for this purpose, electric vehicle purchase incentive, and more.
The Generation180 office is located in downtown Charlottesville, VA and we work east coast hours. We are open to remote employees for this position.
Everyone on the Generation180 team is fully vaccinated. We require that all new team members be vaccinated too. We are following all local, state, and national guidelines.
How To Apply
Position open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter specific to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Generation180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration. Applicants with unique experiences and perspectives, including women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to a