Senior Full Stack Engineer
Type of Job
Jun 2, 2022
About the job
Dashboard.earth is a technology start-up working to drive citizen engagement in climate change adaptation. You will be joining us at an exciting and pivotal time. We’ve just released our MVP for the city of Los Angeles and have six months of testing and partner pilots planned before our official release later this year. You will be working with a small, passionate, fully remote team to deliver the first city in our city-by-city roll out. This is an exciting opportunity to put a novel app into the market at a tipping point in public awareness and engagement in climate. If you are looking to make a difference in that mission, keep reading!
As the Senior Full Stack Engineer at Dashboard.earth, you will work directly with the Engineering Manager, Head of Product, and members of the contracted development teams to develop, deploy and support the Dashboard.earth platform. As part of an early stage company, you will be wearing multiple hats and working across multiple systems as we continue to scale. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Senior Full Stack Engineer working in environments where they were responsible for all aspects for the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to take on a senior design and development role in ongoing product development of new features and maintenance
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development, and unit test phases.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered
- Working on backend nodejs APIs, react web UIs, and docker-based infrastructure
- Manage AWS infrastructure including but not limited to databases, servers and serverless functions
- Participate in database schema design changes
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role
- Strong development skills and competencies including:
Load Balancer Management
- Development & CI/CD: Git, NPM, Docker
- Experience with PostgreSQL, RLS, and schema design
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with software engineering practices such as Object-Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
- Committed to creating readable, reliable, and maintainable code and coming up to speed quickly on new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- US time zones only
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Completely remote
- Flexible work hours
- Potential to grow into a engineering leadership role + equity as company grows
Dashboard.earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are good at what you do and our mission speaks to you, please apply here: https://airtable.com/shrcZkmw5tePKZPAE