Senior Finance & Human Resources Director
Type of Job
60K - 75K
Mar 8, 2022
About the job
We are seeking a seasoned professional to develop and provide strategic direction for financial, Human Resources, and infrastructure systems. Coordinating with an outsourced accounting firm, they will oversee all accounting, financial reporting and organizational budgeting. They also oversee human resources, risk and compliance, internal communications and collaboration, and oversight of all business operations. CVNM’s Business Administration Manager, and other staff as directed, report to the Senior HR & Finance Director.
The Senior Finance and Operations Director must be committed to our mission and values of building an inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome individuals with a variety of experiences, perspectives, and abilities. Applicants from communities that have been underrepresented in New Mexico conservation and environmental organizations are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is based in Santa Fe with some remote work possible for the right candidate. This position also requires the ability to work a non-standard work week including some evenings and weekends, and occasional travel.
● Advises the Executive Director on upgrading and implementing policies, internal controls, financial standards, and procedures; and works to streamline and improve process and practices. ● Oversees overall financial management, planning, tracking, systems and controls in coordination with an outsourced accounting firm.
● Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans, and work with the Executive Director and Director of Philanthropy in monitoring cash flow.
● Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
● Oversees HR and personnel management structures and compliance including hiring, conflict resolution and disciplinary processes, with the assistance of an outsourced HR firm, and maintains confidential files and records.
● Oversees the Business Administration Manager who is responsible for technology, phone systems, office equipment, office operations, filing systems, office supplies, benefits coordination, and inventory. Also oversees other staff or vendors as directed by the Executive Director.
● Work closely with the board financial committee on creation of a growth fund for organizational reserves.
● Oversees IRS compliance and reporting to the Secretary of State for our family of organizations including the 501c3, 501c4, and coordinated and independent expenditure Political Action Committees (PACs).
● Provides preparation work to CPA firm for audits, 990 tax returns, and financial reviews. ● Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
● Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred.
● Interest in and commitment in protecting democracy, and New Mexico’s air, land, water, wildlife, and the health of our communities.
● Excellent managerial, organizational, supervisory, and problem-solving skills
● Strong technology and software skills, including Microsoft Office suite, spreadsheets, and accounting software.
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
● Experience developing, growing, and managing financial and operational systems, experience with 501c3, 501c4 and political action committees preferred.
● Experience leading efforts to create equitable and inclusive organizational policies, practices, and workplace culture.
● Ability to manage high-stress situations, navigate interpersonal dynamics with ease, and maintain the confidentiality of personnel records and matters
● Occasionally must be able to work a non-standard work week, including nights and weekends as needed.
● Both in-state and out-of-state travel may be required.
● Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations and booster by date or hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
This is a full-time exempt salaried position based on experience. CVNM also offers a benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, a retirement package, and health, dental and vision coverage.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Careers@CVNM.org with “Senior Finance and Human Resources Director ” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please. CVNM is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with CVNM is at will. If you need additional assistance to apply, please contact Careers@CVNM.org.