Senior Farm Crew
Type of Job
$19/hour + overtime
May 28, 2021
About the job
The incumbent performs a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to tree production and care, grounds and facilities maintenance, equipment maintenance/repair and administrative support. The Senior Farm Crew leads by example, serving as positive and effective role model for Farm Crew in the execution of their work.
This position performs a variety of functions including but not limited to:
- Supports CTF’s sustainable horticulture program by scouting trees for diseases and insects; collecting field samples; performing sap and other chemical and physical analyses; maintains accurate records, etc.
- Performs tree control/identification tasks such as printing/installing field markers, identification tags, etc.
- Tree planting, pruning, harvesting, tying, staking, weeding, spraying, etc.
- Processes tree orders, grades, calipers, labels, tags, verifies load counts, and related tasks
- Conducts inventory management for trees, pesticides, equipment, etc.
- Assists with processing payables and generating invoicesGeneral
- Safely operates motorized vehicles such as ATV, pickup truck, etc.
- Operates power and non-powered equipment/tools, including but limited to: tractors, track loaders, mowers, augers, tree spades, chippers, sprayers, tillage implements, seed drills, wood splitters, stump grinders, pumps, shovels, chainsaws, line trimmers, blowers, drills, saws, etc.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as painting, fence repairs, cleaning, event set-up, minor carpentry, etc.
- Routine equipment/small engine maintenance/repair: oil/air filter changes, blade sharpening, etc.
- Promotes safety by reducing hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage
- Connects people to trees
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent has no direct reports.
The incumbent works primarily outside year-round in heat, cold and inclement weather and must have suitable clothing. Must be able to use equipment such as (not an exclusive list): vehicles, tractors, track loaders, mowers, augers, tree spades, chippers, sprayers, tillage implements, seed drills, wood splitters, stump grinders, pumps, shovels, chainsaws, line trimmers, blowers, drills, saws, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The incumbent is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk. The incumbent is required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands and work environment described are representative of what is encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time nonexempt position, 40 hours a week. The incumbent must be able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Local travel for various purposes may be required during the business day. Occasional travel out of the area for training/seminars/events, etc., requiring overnight stay may be expected.
- One (1) or more years of experience in landscaping, farming, tree/plant production or similar field
- Ability to arrive to work on time and ready to work
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Ability to learn new job-related software programs
- Certified Pesticide Applicator license required within one year of hire
- ISA Certification required within two years of hire
- Experience in field-grown tree production; installation/maintenance of irrigation systems, IPM practices
- Two or more years’ experience in landscaping, farming, tree/plant production or similar field
Apply directly at this link:
Or go to caseytrees.org/jobs