Senior Digital Strategist - Clean Technology
Type of Job
Jul 7, 2022
About the job
Are you a savvy digital strategist who wants to change the world and apply your expertise to critical environmental issues? Do you want to work with one of the largest and most iconic environmental organizations to help drive change internally and across the movement? Are you excited by the idea of working on domestic and global issues with some of the best and brightest around the world? Do you like working with chill, fun people who are inclusive and respectful no matter your background, where you're from, or how you identify? Or are you just passionate about the movement to create a healthier planet than we have today? If any or all of these apply, Greenpeace may be the place for you.
The Senior Digital Strategist will be a key leader in Greenpeace USA’s online team. This will be a results-oriented position that will lead key areas of Greenpeace USA’s campaign projects and engagement strategy for our high-profile campaigns.
The Senior Digital Strategist will deftly juggle planned and responsive work (both global and domestic) and ongoing core work within the digital department. This person will identify opportunities, set ambitious goals for projects, collaborate with key stakeholders across teams to advance the work, and task-manage team members to bring in new supporters, raise money, deepen engagement, and win campaign victories.
This is a full time, exempt position based in any authorized Greenpeace state: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NV, NY, OR, VA, WA.
The Senior Digital Strategist will:
- Serve as the Senior Digital Strategist for one or more of Greenpeace USA’s campaigns, and work with the Senior Mobilization Manager, Digital Director, and Senior Online Campaigns Manager to task content and technical development with online team members and others.
- Develop strategy and work plans for short-term responsive projects and longer-term projects that enhance Greenpeace USA’s ability to grow, fundraise, and engage our supporters.
- Global work: coordinate with Greenpeace communications hubs, digital team and other National and Regional Offices (NROs) to develop coordinated work plans and implement key pieces of global work.
- Domestic responsive work: Collaborate with leadership and peers to identify response opportunities for GPUS. The Senior Digital Strategist will lead key pieces of this work, including leading response teams, developing strategy and materials, and coordinating with other NROs.
- Identify responsive projects that could be scaled into larger projects and collaborate with stakeholders both inside and outside of GPUS to develop project proposals.
- Follow and test best practices and innovations for email, social media, mobile, web and online-offline mobilization.
- Task manage small, cross-functional teams for short-term or long-term projects.
- Make key decisions on digital output, using expertise and insights from relevant team members or organizational stakeholders as well as testing and performance data.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships within GPUS and with other NROs,GPI units, and social movement allies.
- Proactively communicate successes and learnings to the campaign team, and the national and global organization.
- Perform other job-related duties as required and assigned by the Senior Mobilization Manager and Digital Director.
Minimum requirements for the Senior Digital Strategist include:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in public interest campaigning with environmental organizations preferred, but we are excited to welcome digital experts from other sectors and industries as well.
- Minimum 6 years experience in digital engagement with advocacy, political, or charitable organizations preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in project or people management with a strong track record of producing creative, successful output. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to: :
- Deep expertise in digital engagement strategies and tactics including digital campaign planning, expertise in all relevant channels (email, social media, mobile, web), fundraising, and online-to-offline organizing
- Inspirational and strategic leadership skills;
- Strong decision-making skills, able to make strategic calls for the project with awareness of the context in which it is operating both internally and externally
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, including both short-term responsive work and long-term capacity-building work
- Keen judgment about what will work with key audiences, advance engagement goals, and organizational capacity.
- Strong project leadership and project planning skills to enable the delivery of projects to time, to budget and to deliver clear objectives;
- Strong project and/or line-management skills enabling you to cultivate the best performance of staff
- Track record of developing creative campaign content that engages diverse communities and deepens relationships with existing supporters
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and public speaking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including willingness to facilitate conflict resolution and offer and receive direct feedback
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours on occasion;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams, set and review goals, and assess risks and outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s values on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Willingness to experiment, take risks, and learn from failures
- Commitment to progressive values and peaceful direct action as a means to effect change
If you want to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
COVID - 19 Notice:
As of Q1 2022, most Greenpeace employees are working from home due to COVID-19. In accordance with Greenpeace values to maintain a safe and healthy working environment, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees, supporters, and the community at large from COVID-19.
Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy for medical reasons, or because of sincerely held religious beliefs may request exemption. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Greenpeace undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
If you’re ready to join an ambitious team of passionate people dedicated to stopping climate catastrophe and advancing justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be review on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts at $78,000 and is commensurate with experience.