Senior Consultant – Leadership Programming & Coaching
Remote in US
Type of Job
Sep 7, 2022
About the job
JOB TITLE: Senior Consultant – Leadership Programming & Coaching
REPORTS TO: Co-director, Leadership Program
SALARY: $110,000-$130,000 + Generous Benefits
LOCATION: Remote within United States, with preference for Western United States, with regular (up to 20% time) travel. This role expects communication with staff and supervisor via phone, video conferencing, email, and internal communication systems, and adherence to TREC’s remote work policies and procedures. Travel is primarily for client meetings, trainings, and staff meetings and includes overnight stays.
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, 100% Full Time Equivalent (FTE), will also consider part-time between 75- 100% FTE. All employees are expected to work eight-hour days Monday through Friday, typically between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain or Pacific Time (MT/PST). This position sometimes requires evening and weekend work.
TIMELINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We hope to fill the position as soon as possible, applications submitted before September 30, 2022 will be prioritized.
TREC is seeking an experienced leadership program facilitator and coach who is fueled by a passion for developing liberatory spaces and relationships that celebrate diverse ways of being and leading. The ideal candidate will be someone who is steeped in issues around identity, power, and equity, and has a deep relationship with folks who are from communities that are underrepresented in the conservation sector.
TREC’s leadership programming is rooted in a vision that all people are welcome and treated justly, diverse wisdom is recognized as essential, and our relationships to each other, all beings, and our environment is healing and generative. We integrate conversations around identity, inclusion, and power throughout our work and are seeking a colleague who delights in the constant integration and evolution of this focus and commitment.
This position would co-lead 4-6 weeks of in-person leadership programming throughout the year, as well as provide training through webinars and online workshops, and offer ongoing coaching to our clients. If time and interest allows, this person could also provide capacity building consulting to our clients. This is a highly collaborative position on a team steeped in the belief that we are not the experts but rather, partners to our clients.
While often someone in this position would often be referred to as a trainer, we are less interested in prioritizing training, instead orienting toward a facilitative model of teaching that centers the people in the room, offering resources and teachings to support their unique needs and dreams. In other words, while tools and trainings are essential, they are an offering, not the focus.
THIS POSITION WILL:
- Co-facilitate our flagship, in-person leadership programs, including continuing to evolve the offering to make it as relevant and valuable as possible for each cohort based on their unique lived experiences and identities
- Develop and facilitate additional leadership programming, both in-person and online
- Develop and execute online resources including webinars, workshops, and tutorials/materials for our online resource library
- Provide direct coaching support to our clients, as well as potentially help coordinate coaching support from multiple providers
- Facilitate 360 assessments, debriefs, and action plans
- Provide DEI-specific coaching offerings
- Capacity building offerings if/when there is a match
- Collaborate with the full TREC team to ensure the support we’re providing our clients is as impactful as possible.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and monthly DEI meetings, and in-person all staff meetings
- Engage in professional development and personal learnings around leadership, DEI, or other relevant organizational development skills and topics
To find joy in this position, as well as to have the impact we are seeking, you will have:
- Experience teaching, training, or facilitating in a dynamic space that is oriented toward emergence, rather than a more didactic approach
- Experience developing curriculum
- Coaching certification or graduate of certified coaching program
- Delight in working in and supporting diverse ways of being and leading
- Experience and desire to unpack and explore the impact of identity in experience, systems, and roles in service to celebrating and supporting diverse ways of knowing, being and leading
- Desire to receive, give, and implement feedback
- Relentless curiosity around identity and power, and experience integrating a systems analysis into situations
- An orientation toward growth and learning
- Ability to convey information clearly in both oral and written communication
- Demonstrated commitment and willingness to create equitable workplaces and implement inclusive practices and policies while working with a diverse colleague team and clients
- Ability to succeed with remote supervision and to collaborate with a virtual self-managing team
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required
- Willingness and ability to travel around Western North America, including remote or sparsely populated places, to meet with clients and attend TREC staff and board meetings
We don’t expect you to meet every single qualification. Please apply if this job feels aligned with your passions, whether or not it feels like your resume checks all the boxes. We want to invest in your professional development, and we look forward to discussing with you where your strengths are as well as where you are hoping to learn and grow.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick leave and family leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long term disability and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Cafeteria plan
- Professional development and quality of life
- Home office stipend
OUR VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
TREC’s vision is leaders, organizations, and diverse networks collaborating to support the well-being and interconnectedness of Western North America’s lands, peoples, and animals. TREC’s mission is to amplify the innate capacity of individuals, organizations, and networks by providing inclusive, responsive, holistic, and in-depth capacity-building services.
Learn more about TREC’s approach to capacity-building on our website: https://www.trec.org/mission/
All TREC staff actively promote our values in the workplace:
- Self-Awareness and Learning/Growth Mindset
- Accountability, Respect
- Collaboration, Interdependence, Collectivism
- Inclusiveness, Justice, Anti-racist stance
- Effective Communication
- Creative and Strategic Thinking
- System and Power Awareness
- Joy, Well-being of the collective
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
TREC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our programs and employment are open to all. We value diversity and do not permit any discrimination against applicants, employees, or volunteers based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability, or any other status protected by applicable law or statute in any of our policies or programs.
At TREC, our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goes beyond being in full compliance with employment law. We actively cultivate a culture that fully embraces difference, with the commitment that everyone is a valued member of our team and is treated with respect and dignity. We intentionally work to foster a culture of inclusion with openness, honesty, visibility, creativity, and trust as core values.
Black, Indigenous, and other people of color are encouraged to apply. TREC’s diversity, equity, and inclusion statement can be viewed on our website at https://www.trec.org/diversity-equity-an-inclusion/.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.