Senior Communications Manager
Type of Job
$85,000 - $100,000
Aug 19, 2022
About the job
The incoming Senior Communications Manager is driven by their belief in and commitment to WE ACT’s vision and mission. Through their track record as a communications professional, the successful candidate manages critical aspects of the communications strategy to advance our goals. The Senior Communications Manager builds authentic and lasting relationships inside and outside the organization with coalition members and the media, engaging with them as partners in WE ACT’s mission and vision.
The successful candidate is entrepreneurial and self-directed, bringing creativity and outstanding project management capabilities to prioritize an ambitious agenda for maximum impact. This role requires a deep commitment to the principles of environmental justice and the ability to tell compelling stories of community-based advocacy. The optimal candidate has worked in an advocacy environment and understands the movement context, possessing a strong grasp of the economic, social and political forces that shape environmental policy in the U.S. The selected candidate will also possess most of the following Core and Preferred qualifications:
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of WE ACT and a strong passion for solving the climate crisis through environmental justice.
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in communications, with a proven track record of accomplishments designing and executing communications strategies that generate visibility, credibility and thought leadership.
- Demonstrated experience working across lines of race, class, gender and geography and an analysis of how climate change and energy-related issues intersect with historically marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of how organized movements create change and accomplish policy objectives.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills that demonstrate an ability to:
- Convey a compelling story about WE ACT’s mission and impact;
- Translate complex data and analysis into persuasive narratives;
- Communicate WE ACT strategies without jargon;
- Write, copyedit and proofread, often within a short turnaround time.
- Strong project management abilities to ensure effective collaboration and projects that advance on time and on budget.
- Social media savvy with understanding of how to integrate social into comprehensive communications and movement building strategies.
- Strong relationship-building skills with a wide range of diverse external constituencies, diplomatic abilities and authentic leadership skills that build the trust-based relationships necessary for stakeholders to buy in and share accountability for our collective work.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment, where working on a team and working individually are required.
- High fluency with Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, and proficiency with digital communications platforms and media management tools such as Canva, Cision, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and Wordpress.
- Ability to lead through influence in a matrixed environment.
- Background in journalism, public relations, public affairs and/or campaign communications experience; recent media/journalism experience a plus.
- Local and national media connections including reporters and outlets; preference for experience working with and pitching reporters in the climate, environmental justice and energy spaces.
- Prior experience and content knowledge in climate, clean energy and/or public policy.
- Experience managing contractors such as graphic designers.
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Audition and Photoshop.
SALARY & BENEFITS
WE ACT offers competitive nonprofit compensation and is committed to justice in salary transparency and wage equity. The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $100,000, based on experience and qualifications. WE ACT offers a generous suite of benefits, including comprehensive health care (medical, dental and vision), flexible spending account, life insurance, pre-tax transit program, retirement programs and paid holidays and vacation, along with onsite HR support for your benefit needs. WE ACT follows a 3-2 hybrid work policy, requiring 3 days in the office per week. All staff are fully vaccinated.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
WE ACT is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ communities. We are committed to transparent and equitable recruitment, hiring and promotion processes that foster inclusion and belonging. If you’ve read this job description, are excited by it and can see yourself in this role, we hope you apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process, please email David Hudson at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply or nominate a candidate, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Communications Manager” in the subject line a resume, one brief writing sample and cover email or letter answering the following:
- Why are you passionate about environmental justice?
- Briefly share a communications effort you played a key role in, particularly a lesson learned that you would apply to WE ACT’s national policy goals.
Submission in a combined PDF or Microsoft Word file is preferred. This position is open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.