Senior Associate, Environment and Resilience
Flexible, with a preference for Washington, DC, metro region
Type of Job
commensurate with experience
Dec 28, 2022
About the job
Location: Flexible, with a preference for Washington, DC metro region
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.
Quantified Ventures is proud to be a certified B Corporation. We believe in the power of doing business for good, and good business.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures designs, capitalizes, and scales investible solutions to address the most pressing challenges facing communities. We work with pioneers and change makers to catalyze impact for the greater good by pulling the levers of data, finance, innovation, partnerships, and policy to develop bold solutions that produce verified environmental and social outcomes.
Through a process of consulting, development, due diligence, and structuring, we build sustainable revenue models and simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions that drive true social change. By facilitating the deployment of capital to environmental initiatives and social enterprises that are demonstrating positive impact, we are building capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
We operate in two groups:
- Environment and Resilience
- Health and Human Services
As a member of the Quantified Ventures Environment and Resilience practice, the Senior Associate will contribute to the growth and development of all areas of the company, with a primary focus on client service delivery. Responsibilities include:
- Working on client delivery teams as a project manager or project support, with tasks such as:
-- Managing day-to-day project activities and communications;
-- Researching client issue areas, policies / priorities, and key trends;
-- Conducting due diligence on candidate programs, projects, and partners;
-- Engagement with key stakeholders, project partners, and decisionmakers;
-- Drafting program model budgets and projecting revenue sources / gaps;
-- Building economic and financial models to price outcomes and predict future revenues, savings, and/or cash flows; and
-- Developing and drafting materials to facilitate investor and other key stakeholder engagement.
- Supporting new business development through market research, proposal and scope development, and preparation of pitch presentations.
- Facilitating other aspects of business operations, such as preparing internal presentations, online content generation, solution strategy, and internal initiatives.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We seek entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission.
Our work is focused on developing and financing solutions that improve the environment and equity, including environmental justice for underserved communities. It’s important to us to bring an equity lens to our work, as is the diversity of our team - across race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in the areas of finance, economics, consulting, business management, environment, public policy, or a related field, OR a graduate degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in the above areas
- Demonstrated interest in Quantified Ventures’ mission, project topics, or environmental issues, and an eagerness to learn about a range of topics
- Experience translating complex information into actionable, understandable recommendations and guidance for leadership teams
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Strong people and project management skills, with practice navigating complex issues and partner relationships
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects, and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- An ability to bring passion, humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work
Please apply online at https://www.quantifiedventures.com/senior-associate-environment-resilience
Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed on a rolling basis.