Senior Assistant, Climate-Smart Ag Operations
Raleigh, Austin, New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C.
Type of Job
49,000 - 53,000 USD
Nov 9, 2022
About the job
People & Nature Team Description
We seek to strengthen the ability of people and nature to thrive. Even as EDF works to cut greenhouse gas pollution to put the brakes on global warming, some amount of climate change has become unavoidable, baked in by past pollution. As a result, communities around the world already are experiencing severe climate driven impacts.
Our vision for climate-smart agriculture is that farms, ranches and forests produce food, fuel and fiber, protect communities from extreme floods and droughts, provide ecosystem services like clean water and reduced greenhouse gases, and help rural communities prosper in the face of climate change. These efforts will reduce potential humanitarian, environmental and security risks and help people and nature thrive.
The Senior Assistant will work within the Climate-Smart Ag Operations Team and play a key role in ensuring smooth operation of day-to-day activities including invoices, contracts, expense reimbursements, scheduling and more. We are seeking a highly organized self-starter who is able to effectively plan administrative activities and prioritize workloads in a challenging but rewarding work environment. This position reports to the Project Manager, Climate-Smart Agriculture.
- Support the team in drafting service agreements and sub-award agreements, including coordinating the process of obtaining necessary reviews and approvals for new agreements.
- Facilitate contract preparation and communication with consultants.
- Set-up new vendors, receive invoices, review for accuracy and compliance, submit for payment, track progress, and liaise with the finance department to track payment status and assist with resolving payables and vendor set-up queries.
- Organize and update contracts and grants within EDF’s internal databases; update and maintain consultant and grantee information.
- Prepare, submit and track corporate credit card expense and reimbursement reports.
- Manage calendars for senior staff, schedule meetings and travel to optimize efficiency.
- Arrange domestic and international travel as needed for team members including hotel and airfare bookings.
- Participate in departmental meetings and trainings including note-taking and follow up on action items.
- Participate in operational process improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Educate program staff regarding operational processes as needed.
- Participate in advancing EDF diversity, equity and inclusion goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of key events.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma required with at least four years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree may substitute for up to two years of work experience.
- Detail-oriented with ability to review documents and spot mathematical and grammatical errors.
- Superior time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software and navigate between multiple systems.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel. Must be able to work with track changes in Word.
- Experience with Concur and/or Oracle NetSuite desirable.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with diverse colleagues across time zones.
- Enthusiasm for team approach and problem solving.
- Ability to be flexible under pressure with changing priorities and perform well in a fast-paced team environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and creative with meticulous attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Interest in environmental conservation issues.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 49,000 - 53,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.