Senior Assistant, Climate Corps
Boston, New York, DC, Raleigh
Type of Job
Oct 5, 2021
About the job
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Climate Corps® (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is a network of professionals united to advance climate solutions. This network is grounded in an innovative summer fellowship program, which embeds trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities across the U.S., China and India to accelerate and advance climate goals. Since the program’s launch in 2008, Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over $1.6 billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations. With a network of over 2,300 professionals, Climate Corps seeks to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy system by inspiring and empowering leaders.
The Senior Assistant plays an important role by providing critical administrative and program support to the Climate Corps team. They contribute to a wide range of program activities ranging from scheduling and expense reporting to supporting event logistics and conducting research.
· Provide administrative support, including scheduling and meeting coordination, for the Program Director and other senior staff members;
· Process monthly expense reports and corporate credit card statements for the Director and other senior staff;
· Work with program staff and consultants on the status of deliverables, and processing of contracts and invoices;
· Act as the Climate Corps liaison for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) initiative, a streamlining and integration of EDF systems, including regularly communicating updates and changes to the Climate Corps team staff;
· Attend internal and external meetings and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs;
· Coordinate travel arrangements, as requested;
· Draft, proofread, edit and format correspondence, documents, spreadsheets and reports;
· Work with program staff to prepare documents, conduct research, and provide general administrative support for various program initiatives;
· Maintain files, update contact information in online databases, including Salesforce.com, for external contacts, companies and Climate Corps fellows;
· Assist with planning events and logistics as needed;
· Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
We are seeking an experienced, highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a background in office administration and/or non-profit sectors. The qualifications for this position include:
· Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience in business or non-profit experience; or 4+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree;
· Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Google products;
· Excellent clerical skills including writing and proofreading content, and effectively organizing data and information in a thoughtful manner;
· Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in drafting contracts and other documents, and entering financial information;
· Good communication skills including the ability to communicate obstacles, challenges and ask clarifying questions;
· A proactive nature with the ability to work independently, as well as successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks from a team of people with different work styles;
· Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, once safe to do so;
· Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds;
· Interest in corporate sustainability or environmental advocacy is preferred.
This position will start virtual and shift to hybrid starting in January 2022.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.