Salesforce Admin & Data Systems Manager (Hybrid/remote)
Type of Job
Feb 21, 2023
About the job
The Salesforce Admin & Data Systems Manager is responsible for ensuring that Washington Conservation Action’s Salesforce instance and all integrated applications are working properly, that our staff are able to easily get the information they need from the database and that we are thinking how to connect with our constituents now and in the future. Strategic use of data connects directly to our mission. Data management and innovation are critical components to the success of all parts of the organization. This position is a member of the Administrative Team and is supervised by the Vice President of Administration.
Washington Conservation Action is a statewide environmental advocacy organization that advances environmental policies and pushes for actions that equitably address climate pollution, restore Puget Sound, sustain our state’s forests, and protect our democracy. For Washington to remain a national leader on environmental issues, we need environmental champions in elected office and to hold our leaders accountable. To keep our environment protected, healthy, and vibrant, we are committed to supporting Native candidates, candidates of color, and environmental leaders seeking election.
In January, Washington Conservation Voters and Washington Environmental council unified under a shared brand—Washington Conservation Action. This evolution as organizations builds on our 50 years of work and history of bringing people together to solve Washington’s most critical environmental issues. We develop, advocate, and defend policies that ensure environmental progress and justice by centering and amplifying the voices of the most impacted communities. Washington Conservation Action is a 501(c4) organization. Washington Conservation Action Education Fund is our 501(c3) partner organization. Together, we advance a shared a vision for a Washington state where nature and people live in balance for the flourishing of all.
Washington Conservation Action is based in a LEED-certified building in downtown Seattle with a view of Elliott Bay. Our team of nearly 40 works in a flexible hybrid model, with staff in the office two days a week for collaboration and celebration. All staff members have access to tools and systems to support hybrid work. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We are committed to a diverse, socially just, and welcoming work environment. People of color, people with varying abilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are especially encouraged to apply. We continue to advance the application of a racial equity lens to our work and are led by a CEO who is a citizen of the Confederated Tribes Warm Springs, Oregon.
Administrator of WCA Salesforce CRM
- Manage data input and output processes for the WCA Salesforce instance
- Maintain system security through custom permissions, organization-wide security settings and object/record/field accessibility
- Monitor data integrity as inputs change in order to maintain an overall high-level of data quality
- Create and manage changes to the system
- Train, support and work closely with Salesforce Power Users in the organization to use Salesforce for their work
- Support Development staff before, during and after, fundraising events with data issues, hygiene and event support
- Document all changes to systems
Manage, monitor, and implement tools within the organization's integrated data systems
- Evaluate current technology ecosystem to optimize systems and processes to meet organizational goals
- Evaluate new version releases of system tools and their compatibility with the rest of integrated system
- Collaborate with staff to better integrate other data systems to further understand Washington voters, our donors and activists
- Collect and troubleshoot all errors and support cases across all system tools and escalate cases when necessary to platform support in order to provide resolution to staff. Develop customization to tool integrations when necessary
- Support technical aspects of hiring, onboarding and exiting staff
Project Manager for organization-wide data projects
- In collaboration with VP of Administration, create, support and communicate strategic direction and oversight for organizational best practices for Salesforce, 3rd party tools, Microsoft Office, and other tech tools used across the organization
- Collect data throughout lifecycle of projects in order to provide measurable performance metrics
- Support regular reporting to director-level staff on baseline performance metrics related to communication/outreach, profile of member base, engagement, and fundraising
- Work with staff to design processes and workflows with eye to measuring strategic plan goals including racial equity goals
- Roll out, report, and train staff on new functionalities with systems and ongoing tech projects
Custom Salesforce Development
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical organizational functions and meet project objectives and organizational goals
- Conduct long-term improvement operations to meet evolving mission requirements
- Contributing member of the Administrative Team, Organizational Excellence Team and a Racial Equity Team of your choosing
- Strong Salesforce skills: Salesforce certification not required but you should be a “Super User” and be willing to get your certification. The organization will pay for the certification test(s).
- Ability to manage multiple technology projects at once
- Self-motivated learner
- Ability to work with non-technical staff; including but not limited to training staff with variety of technology skill levels on how to use Salesforce and other tools integrated with Salesforce
- Commitment to racial equity and justice principles
- Salesforce certification is preferred but not required. Org willing to pay for certification tests as part of ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of Voter Activation Network (VAN) database
- Knowledge of Salesforce data hygiene tools like Apsona preferred
- Knowledge of how nonprofits work, specifically 501c3 and 501c4 nonprofits, including how nonprofits use advocacy to advance their mission
- Familiarity with other applications that integrate with Salesforce such as Campaign Monitor, Form Assembly, Click & Pledge, and Slack
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, exempt position with a salary range of $70K to $76K depending on experience. We also offer a generous benefits package including 100% employer paid medical, vision and dental insurance, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 3% of your annual salary, a flexible spending account, paid vacation and sick leave, 12 paid holidays per year, a paid wellness benefit, an unlimited ORCA transit pass, dedicated professional development funds and if you work for seven consecutive years you are eligible for a two-month paid sabbatical. We welcome new and diverse people to a great team who together shape environmental protection in Washington.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Washington state residency required and strong preference given to residents of King, Pierce, Snohomish or Kitsap counties as we would strongly prefer this person to be in the office 1-2 days per week. This job requires frequent sitting. Must be able to conduct business in English, though fluency in other languages is welcomed. For remote work, employees must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work during scheduled work hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with different abilities to perform functions essential to the duties of the position. Washington Conservation Action is a unionized employer represented by Communications Workers of America Local 7800. This is a represented position.
The organization follows all requirements of local health authorities. We are currently working in hybrid remote mode with most staff coming to the office either two or three days per week. The organization provides equipment and tools for working from home. We maintain strict safety protocols while in our office. All staff who come to the office must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume here. No phone calls or mailed applications please. This position is open until filled.
Washington Conservation Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to dismantling structural racism and creating a welcoming work environment. WCA does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are especially encouraged to apply.