Residential Clean Energy Engineer (2022-2171)
Type of Job
Commensurate with experience
Jan 12, 2022
About the job
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are encouraged to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals like accelerating decarbonization and clean energy adoption. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together!
What You’ll Be Doing
Working as part of a collaborative and cross-functional team, you will help energy programs and regulators to meet their clean energy, energy demand management, decarbonization, grid modernization, and energy equity program goals. To help our clients accomplish these goals you will:
- Provide project management and oversight in close collaboration with senior project managers to ensure timely delivery of client deliverables
- Work independently and collaboratively across Cadmus to deliver high-value solutions to clients
- Select and apply appropriate analytic or engineering methods and solutions to address client questions
- Clearly and concisely summarize and communicate project results
- Lead or substantially contribute to data analytics and engineering analysis
- Analyze data using Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results
- Prepare measurement and verification plans, document findings in reports, memos, and presentations to clients
- Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
- Conduct quality control reviews of efficiency projects and analysis.
- Independently manage tasks
- BS in a mechanical or electrical engineering and 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR MS in relevant field and 3-5 years of relevant work
- Experience with residential energy audits, construction, or equipment
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification(s) and/or other energy-related building certifications
- Familiarity with project management practices and tools, including developing schedules, assigning resources, and budget tracking
- Ability to effectively manage tasks with multiple projects, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable-driven workplace
- Driven to deeply engage and to self-direct on assignments, while knowing when to seek help as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with energy sector or utility industry
- Familiarity with energy simulation tools (REM/Rate, EnergyPlus, BEopt, or equivalent)
- To apply, submit resume along with a cover letter
- The preferred location for this position is Cadmus’ office in Portland, Oregon. Qualified candidates in other locations will be considered
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com