Renewable Energy Markets Analyst
Type of Job
Jul 28, 2022
About the job
Sol Systems (“Sol”) is a leading renewable energy financier and developer dedicated to creating a platform for compassionate entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world. The Company has financed or developed more than 1 gigawatt of solar energy assets to date. Sol Environmental Commodity Management (“ECM”), the trading division of Sol, manages multiple renewable energy certificate (“REC”) portfolios.
The institutional research arm of ECM is seeking a full-time analyst to join our team. This position reports to the Senior Director of Research and will work directly with both research associates and traders to expand the group’s renewable energy commodities research. This position is ideal for someone with a desire to join a fundamental research team, gain exposure to supply-side economic forecasting, and become a renewable energy markets expert.
The role will be dedicated to renewable energy project research and analysis in support of in-depth fundamental supply modelling. The scope will primarily cover REC markets and have opportunities for the expansion of scope along the way.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Renewable Energy Project Analytics – Conduct comprehensive renewable energy project research across all types of renewable energy technologies and fleets in North America. Understand and communicate drivers of existing and new renewable energy supply, such as project finance, development, interconnection, permitting, regulatory, and market trends.
- Project Data Management – Support, enhance and build out essential research infrastructure and renewable energy project databases to facilitate the calibration of key assumptions in our fundamental supply / demand renewable energy models.
- Project Developer / Owner Research – Conduct supply-side market concentration analysis at a project level. Support traders and originators by identifying renewable energy project counterparties and providing decision-useful analysis.
- Supply-side Forecasting – Gain experience modelling and forecasting supply from renewable energy fleets. Use advanced supply-side market analysis to inform model assumptions. Perform and track supply forecasts and calibrate and catalogue key assumptions in support of model updates.
- Research Reporting – Assemble qualitative and quantitative analysis into concise, clear, accurate, reports and presentations. Improve team market knowledge through the delivery of in-depth analyses, visualizations, and communications on market supply themes.
- General Support – Provide ad-hoc research and analytical support to team members on items related to new market research and investment reports as requested.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interest in renewable energy markets; knowledge of renewable energy certificates a plus
- Demonstrated interest or related experience in a research or data management role
- Highly organized individual with impeccable attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Experience using Microsoft Office; Tableau, Power BI, Python, and/or SQL experience a plus
- Energized by a high-standards work product environment
- Ability to review, consolidate, package, and analyze large sets of disparate information accurately
Location & Hours: Full-time hybrid-remote position based in Washington, D.C.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other traits. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.