Regional Sales Director - Central Texas
Type of Job
Oct 8, 2021
About the job
We come from humble beginnings — picture a one-person organization created in 1949 to advocate for excellence in public education on behalf of Texas school board members. Flash forward to today, and we have over 500 employees working together to provide 1,024 school districts with purposeful resources so they can focus on what matters most — excellent and equitable education for all 5.4 million Texas students. At TASB, the motto has always been “expert help from friendly people,” which makes it easy to see how we’ve maintained 100% membership across all Texas school boards for 32 years and counting. We combine a strong sense of tradition with innovation, and our mission — educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren through advocacy, visionary leadership, and high-quality services to school districts — has played out in transformative ways.
Why Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
As TASBeans (our internal name for employees), we feel privileged to work alongside talented team-members who are passionate about education and enjoy learning from new and different perspectives. We believe what makes our organization highly successful is the rich diversity our employees collectively bring to TASB with different backgrounds, skillsets, cultures and ethnicities, gender identities, interests, abilities, and work styles. And our passion for education and learning doesn’t end there. Our culture has always encouraged employees to grow and become their best selves both professionally and personally through a variety of innovative and collaborative development opportunities. You’re likely beginning to see why we’ve been regularly named by Austin Business Journal as a Top Ten Best Places to Work since 2009! But there’s more…
TASB offers competitive pay, rich benefits (including retirement matching of 2:1 up to 5% after one year. This means that if you contribute 5% to the plan, TASB will contribute 10%), onsite daycare, gym, fitness classes, dry-cleaning services, tuition reimbursement, remote work options, flexible schedules, and more.
Every role at TASB thoughtfully complements our mission and the educational impact being made in communities across Texas. If you consider your work exceptional and want to help drive our mission forward, keep reading!
As a Regional Sales Director, you will bring deep expertise and leadership in operational excellence focused in Sales & Marketing with school districts and local governments. The Sales & Marketing team is critical to the success of Business Services and fundamental to the success of many other areas of the Association. This Division is one of the most outward facing areas of the organization. In addition, you’ll be highly valued for your ability to mentor and develop Consultants and provide business solutions in conjunction with promotion and sales of the following business lines: BuyBoard Purchasing Cooperative, Energy Cooperative, Facility Services, and Special Education Service. This role would be centered in the Austin area and oversee the Central Texas region and is considered a remote work environment position.
A Typical Day
- Direct sales/promotion/consultation of services to K-12 and other governmental entities.
- Develop and execute sales strategies for existing and new clients.
- Collaborate and mentor a team of Consultants providing exceptional service to our members.
- If you’re still reading, we’d love to meet you!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Create and manage the sales process, lead generation, and customer acquisition and retention.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, partners, and industry leaders.
- Design and conduct educational presentations for target market audiences.
- Attend numerous (6+) trade show and relevant market conferences annually.
- Several overnight stays (currently suspended due to COVID-19 pandemic) within the territory along with travel for other work-related functions will vary, but likely 3-5 nights per month should be expected to meet objectives.
Skills For Success
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years sales experience is preferred. The preferred candidate will have experience selling across multiple verticals, with knowledge of local governments, the energy marketplace, and / or cooperative purchasing.
- Ability to prospect, qualify and close sales leads through a consultative approach.
- Excellent professional speaking skills, ability to engage a wide variety of clients and prospects.
- Strong ability to build relationships with key decision makers across different vertical markets.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
The TASB Difference
- Enjoy competitive pay and rich benefit offerings.
- Be part of a collaborative environment where every contribution impacts Texas public schoolchildren.
- Thrive in a culture that promotes bringing your whole self to work every day and emphasizes healthy boundaries and work-life balance.
- Learn and grow individually and together through frequent professional development; diversity, equity, and inclusion panels; wellness seminars; and more.
- Work alongside transparent leaders with an open and consistent feedback approach.
- Celebrate as a team with meaningful (and fun) events and tokens of appreciation throughout the year.
- The health and safety of our employees and members, is our top priority. We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities including incentivizing vaccines, requiring masks in all common areas in the building, and optional risk-based testing strategies.
- TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
- This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.