Type of Job
Sep 20, 2021
About the job
This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy in line with Defenders’ long-term organizational which include designing, implementing, and executing full-cycle talent acquisition practices and processes that meet Defenders’ diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice (DEIJ) goals; building relationships with universities and conservation groups to highlight Defenders as an employer of choice; developing metrics and monitoring effectiveness of talent acquisition programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement recruitment, interviewing selection, and onboarding best practices which include partnering with hiring managers to update position descriptions and role profiles; formulating recruitment strategies and executing sourcing plans to identify and attract qualified candidates; developing and training behavioral-based interviewing techniques and data-based selection processes; administering appropriate assessments, reference checks, and background checks;
- Manage full life cycle recruitment process for positions at all levels across the organization: screen resumes, source candidates, interview, conduct references, create and provide approved offer letters
- Manage requisition and recruiting files according to Defenders policy and applicable rules and regulations
- Schedule candidate interviews and develop a structure for interview questions
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers, make recommendations regarding candidates and follow up regularly to ensure recruitment processes are conducted efficiently and thoroughly
- Conservation Nonprofit recruitment experience work preferred
- Establish and maintain talent pipelines through proactive sourcing, targeted engagement, and passive candidate recruitment;
- Participate in recruitment events and develop outreach efforts in support of Defenders’ DEIJ goals;
- Ensure timely communication with candidates and hiring managers on the recruiting process and pending needs. Educate candidates about Defenders’ business, culture, benefits, and role expectations;
- Manage Defenders’ Applicant Tracking System, to include timely and accurate record-keeping, reporting, and analytics;
- Serve as backup for HR operations as needed, to include benefits administration and HRIS updates;
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 4 years of experience with full-cycle recruitment required, preferably for geographically disbursed organizations
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.