Prospect Manager, Principal Gifts
Type of Job
$85,000 - $95,000
May 20, 2021
About the job
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our staff of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy advocates, communications experts, and others work across the United States and internationally from our offices in New York; Washington, D.C.; Chicago; Santa Monica; San Francisco; Bozeman, Montana; and Beijing.
The Prospect Manager, Principal Gifts will contribute to all aspects of the Principal Gifts team functions.
- Planning the monthly Principal Gifts meeting and various strategy sessions, including the production of briefings and research documents.
- Drafting donor and programmatic briefings for leadership, as well as managing scheduling and logistics ahead of donor meetings.
- Coordinating work between the PG staff members.
- Assisting with implementing communications, outreach, and individualized plans.
- Drafting various correspondences for leadership.
- Maintaining database accuracy and integrity.
- Preparing meeting minutes and extensive coordination with the CEO and President’s office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years’ experience professional work in Development.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to independently manage the timeline and production of multiple activities and supporting communications while working with numerous partners to achieve a high-caliber final product.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Collegial team player with ability to work well with diverse internal constituencies.
- Flexibility responsiveness and ability to balance a variety of activities while meeting competing deadlines.
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex information. Familiarity with environmental issues, conservation, or related sciences preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with budgets and financial reports.
- Knowledge of and interest in NRDC mission.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office with a high level of skill in Microsoft Word, including editing and formatting.
- Donor database (Salesforce) experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to environmental advocacy preferred.
- Shows a sensitivity, awareness, and willingness to learn and participate in the advancement of DEI required.
NRDC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our work and in our workplace. We believe that celebrating and actively welcoming a diversity of voices and perspectives is essential to solving the planet's most pressing environmental problems, and we encourage applications from candidates whose identities have been historically under-represented in the environmental movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with skills and experience. Job grade for this role is Solves 3 with a salary ranging from $80,000 to $90,000. Internal equity considerations and the average salary of the peer range will be reviewed before making a final offer.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of resumes, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, or if you are a person with a disability and you need assistance applying online, please reach out to iCIMS Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org.