Project Manager II, Clean Fuels & Infrastructure
Type of Job
May 15, 2023
About the job
CALSTART is #hiring! We continue to grow and are looking for candidates passionate about improving air quality and combating climate change through equitable solutions. The Project Manager II will support the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure initiative by leading technical assistance of applicant and industry stakeholders for a large-scale CEC funded block grant aimed at accelerating the deployment of light-duty EV chargers across California. The scope of this role includes but is not limited to leading cross-initiative data collection efforts and iterative reporting to the client, and the facilitation of ongoing knowledge transfer from industry standard organizations to the broader Clean Fuels and Infrastructure initiative.
Additionally, the Project Manager II will:
- Develop the launch of technical assistance offerings to industry and non-industry stakeholders; namely EVSEs, network providers, and OEMs.
- Lead the implementation of data collection for large-scale EV charging incentive program, including the management of technology eligibility and coordination with industry stakeholders.
- Support the overall implementation activities of large-scale EV charging incentive program.
- Support ongoing work toward process and implementation improvements
- Make budgetary recommendations
- Make recommendations concerning long-range plans
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry – including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers – to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas: cars, buses, trucks and off-road vehicles, clean fuels and infrastructure, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and providing value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you can make a real impact and benefit both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor's Degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or other related educational background
- 3+ Years of Experience developing simple operational plans (i.e., for small workstreams of a project)
- Familiarity with light-duty EV infrastructure
- Familiarity with clean transportation policies and stakeholders
- Knowledge of EV charging basics
- Knowledgeable of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including basic productivity software such as Monday.com, Asana, etc.
- Ability to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to juggle overlapping projects and shifting priorities.
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise emails, reports, and memos.
- Experience working in fast paced environment that requires an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Master's Degree or other advanced/professional degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with ongoing policy and/or regulatory considerations relevant to EV infrastructure
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based on experience.
- Performance-based growth opportunities.
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution.
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance.
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work.
- Committed to employee growth and development.
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART includes the complete salary range amount $72,000-$92,640 of the job announced. We determine pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Pay for this role will typically be from $72,000-$78,880.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.