Project Manager I, San Joaquin Valley Region
San Joaquin Valley, CA
Type of Job
Jul 19, 2023
About the job
CALSTART is #hiring! We continue to grow and are looking for candidates passionate about improving air quality and combating climate change through equitable solutions. The Project Manager I, San Joaquin Valley Region will support the San Joaquin Valley's Regional office project growth and project execution. The role will execute on ongoing engagement and outreach for statewide programs (CORE/HVIP/EnergIIZE/CIC) and project tasks as developed by the SJV Regional Office lead. The varied skillset needed for this role involves the ability to speak eloquently to external stakeholders about CALSTART programs and how we provide value through the different initiatives as well as STRONG ability to take initiative. Being in a RO, the position engagement will span all activities and initiatives. The role will support the CF&I, Bus, Truck, and IM initiatives until there are more defined light duty objectives in place - at which point there may be opportunities to support the LD. By supporting the deployment projects, the role will engage the data validation and assessment as well as the demonstration and development activities. Market acceleration efforts in the valley that involve external stakeholder engagement include supporting DD with CBO relationship management, engaging small owner/operator fleets and associations, building rapport and brand recognition with agriculture stakeholders, etc.
Additionally, the Project Manager I, San Joaquin Valley Region will:
- Support statewide initiative program on SJV outreach and market acceleration.
- Execute deliverable development for projects on predefined frequency.
- Assist the SJV region with strategy development.
- Assist with proposal development.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry – including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers – to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas: cars, buses, trucks and off-road vehicles, clean fuels and infrastructure, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and providing value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you can make a real impact and benefit both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Environmental Studies or Planning, Economics, Sustainability.
- 2+ Years of Experience executing tasks and developing deliverables for current and incoming projects.
- Experience developing and executing regional outreach plans.
- Experience with grant application and management at Federal and State level
- Knowledge of CARB investment strategy.
- Knowledge of ZE vehicles, equipment, and infrastructure as solutions for emission reduction.
- Knowledge of SJV governance systems.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including microsoft products (word/excel).
- Ability to gather and analyze information and problem-solve to develop data-driven solutions.
- Experience coordinating meetings with internal and external stakeholders and developing tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with initial direction.
- Ability to analyze and interpret written material and quantitative data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to speak eloquently to internal and external stakeholders on SJV priorities and project goals.
- Experience managing high visibility projects.
- Familiarity with state systems for the implementation of adult education and workforce development programs.
- Understand the breadth of programs in adult education, postsecondary, and workforce development serving low wage and vulnerable communities.
- PMP Certification.
- Master's degree.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary based on experience.
- Performance-based growth opportunities.
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care.
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution.
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance.
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work.
- Committed to employee growth and development.
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART includes the complete salary range amount $62,000-$81,840 of the job announced. We determine pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Pay for this role will typically be from $62,000-$68,200.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.