Project Manager, Climate Corps
Boston, New York, other U.S. EDF offices
Type of Job
Jan 11, 2021
About the job
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Location: New York or Boston preferred; other U.S. EDF offices
The Project Manager, Climate Corps plays a critical role in the success of Climate Corps by developing and executing its company recruitment strategy, managing key partnerships, and leading the team in the relationship management processes. The Project Manager will rely on rigorous analysis of past years’ results and experiences and will utilize existing knowledge of marketing and sales tactics, networking and relationship building skills, and an understanding of corporate sustainability and energy management. In addition to leading the Climate Corps team in company recruitment, the Project Manager will oversee Climate Corp’s public sector recruitment and guide and support individual staff in their outreach and relationship management efforts through resource development and coaching.
- Lead Climate Corps’ annual national recruitment strategy including, but not limited to the following activities:Establish recruitment goals and targets with input from the Program Director, Senior Manager and other key stakeholders
Develop an outreach strategy and identify and build new relationships with external companies and public sector organizations by performing outreach campaigns, attending conferences and meetings, and other methods
Manage corporate and public-sector relationships year-round
Oversee and support the team in execution of recruitment activities, including developing and updating resources such as call guides and email templates
Engage other EDF staff, Climate Corps alumni, consultants and partners in outreach
Collaborate with other EDF staff on strategic fellowships in support of key EDF goals
Review and update recruitment-related marketing collateral and related content on the Climate Corps website
Track, monitor and report progress and results utilizing Climate Corps’ CRM platform, Salesforce.com
- Lead the Climate Corps relationship management process by annually updating resources, coordinating information gathering from the team, overseeing the schedule of relationship management tasks and coordinating with IT on data tracking and workflows
- Manage 15-20 high-value Climate Corps engagements each summer while maintaining accompanying company relationships
- Communicate about the program to internal and external stakeholders through presentations, conference attendance, reports, media, and other thought leadership
- Contribute to other key fellowship activities as needed, including fellow recruitment presentations, project implementation check-ins, feedback surveys and after-action reviews
We are seeking an experienced project manager with a professional background in the business and/or environmental sectors. Qualifications for this position include:
- 4-5 years of experience in the corporate or non-profit sectors, including demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and partnerships to achieve program goals
- Experience with marketing and sales or similar corporate outreach and partnership development
- Working knowledge of corporate sustainability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfort with public speaking, and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience
- Attention to detail and personal organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and professional environment
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% of the time, concentrated in the Fall)
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint), and familiarity with Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM software)
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.