Project Development Assistant
Type of Job
May 18, 2021
About the job
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Project Development Assistant to join our Denver-based team.
In this role you will support development of new projects in farming, food production, conservation, and climate change across our projects. You will frequently collaborate with other members of our team, along with field project team members and partners. You will report directly to the Project Development Lead.
We seek qualified candidates who identify with the descriptions below, with experiences and skills that will nourish our team and culture, and contribute to our growing impact:
- Inspired – by the current work that we do, while also excited to contribute to our continued growth and evolution.
- Committed – to making a tangible positive impact in food systems, conservation, equity and climate change.
- Communicator – who values clear, specific and consistent communication in person, online, and in writing, formatting, editing, and preparing content to share.
- Organizer – who enjoys building and maintaining organizational systems and project management tools to help organize team members and projects.
- Flexible – open to working in variety of settings, from our open office to farm tours and field visits in work clothes and boots.
- Technology skilled – proficient with spreadsheets (Excel), communication tools (Slack), project management (Trello, etc.), and file sharing (Box, Google Drive).
- Relationship focused – excited to be vulnerable andcommitted toinvest in relationship building with our team and project partners. stakeholders.
You will be expected to:
Contribute to Project Planning:
· Gather, research and organize data to support planning for farming, ranching and conservation projects
· Contribute, capture, organize, and summarize ideas and notes shared during project strategic planning sessions
· Organize and develop materials for project proposals, presentations, and project funding applications
· Help outline project timelines, deliverables and clear roles and responsibilities for both BLC team members and external project partners
Support Project Management:
· Manage schedules and deliverables across large projects using project management tools and software
· Participate in multi-stakeholder project meetings by preparing presentations, developing meeting agendas, documenting discussion, reporting next steps, and following up on deliverables
· Support project managers to track budget performance and maintain budget constraints
· Occasional travel to project sites (15% of time or less)
Provide Office and General team Support:
· Sort and process incoming and outgoing BLC mail
· Primary point of contact for office management vendors (Box, Gmail, Slack, etc.), including managing contract terms, approving invoices, managing organization of each tool, etc.
· Support project research on food, ecosystems, agriculture, and other related topics
· Coordinate data management for new and existing projects
· Edit and participate in the creation of outward-facing material, including blogs, investor communications, project proposals, consulting contracts, etc.
· Support additional office administration in Denver as needed
We recognize that excellence and potential are expressed differently for different people. If our team and our work excite you, we hope you will share with us your experiences and skill set that you feel would qualify you to make a contribution as the Project Development Assistant.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Development Assistant”. Applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Your application should include:
- A resume, link to updated LinkedIn profile (optional), and three professional references
- A cover letter that includes a short description of why you and Bio-Logical Capital are a cultural knit and how you meet the qualifications for the role
For more information on our company, please visit www.biologicalcapital.com.