Project Coordinator, Marketing and Communications
Type of Job
Mar 25, 2022
About the job
Are you passionate about coordinating marketing and communications projects and making a positive impact on the environment? Do you thrive in collaborative work environments and value diverse and unique learning opportunities? Are you eager to connect your personal interests to a mission-driven organization that supports professional growth? NEEF has an excellent opportunity for a Project Coordinator, Marketing & Communications (Marcom) to join our team.
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is a national leader in building public environmental literacy. Congressionally chartered in 1990 as a 501c3 nonprofit to complement the work of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NEEF is a non-partisan, non-advocacy organization working to make the environment more accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all
Americans. NEEF collaborates with respected organizations, from both the public and private sector, to develop programs and trainings, organize events, and fund projects that empower people to positively impact our environment. NEEF’s major partners include Toyota, 3M, and International Paper as well as multiple federal government agencies. Through its network, NEEF aims to inspire the public to learn about their relationship to the environment and increase their environmental involvement.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, self-starter to develop and implement marcom project plans associated with NEEF’s programs and initiatives, including large-scale volunteer events and webinars. Under the guidance of the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, the Project Coordinator will handle the day-to-day management of various types of marcom projects to include project oversight, budgeting and logistics, scheduling stakeholder meetings, engaging with partners and vendors, managing documentation, ensuring deliverables are submitted on-time, and preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Additionally, the Project Coordinator will work cross-functionally with the Marcom team to extract engaging and informative stories from NEEF’s programs and initiatives and promote them using NEEF’s digital assets to drive participation and revenue for the organization. The ideal Project Coordinator will possess solid event promotion and marketing skills.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a liaison between the Programs and Marketing & Communications teams to prepare and execute multiple marcom project plans, webinars, and events.
- Ensure all materials produced during a project align with NEEF's branding and meet quality standards.
- Schedule and lead cross-departmental meetings to facilitate collaboration and keep team updated regularly on the status of project(s).
- Provide clear direction to teammates, vendors, and internal and external stakeholders to ensure that priorities are understood, and deadlines are met.
- Maintain marcom project-related documentation, including contracts, invoices, and payment records.
- National Public Lands Day: Work closely with Program Director, Public Lands Engagement to support the planning and execution of National Public Lands Day, including the NPLD Signature Event and developing pre-event promotions and post-event reporting.
Marketing & PR
- Work with Programs team to identify content for NEEF’s digital assets, including social media, website, and other collateral.
- Serve as the lead marcom contact for NEEF’s external communication partners and develop partner resources, schedule meetings, manage all partner communications, and deliver partner communications reports.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to engage with and share content from NEEF’s partners on social media.
- Develop and maintain a database of NEEF partners and collaborators.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- 2- or 4-year degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience including internships.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders (internal and external), prioritize and track tasks, and maintain tight deadlines. Provide guidance, feedback, and encouragement for achieving project goals.
- Must have established track record of managing projects and events to successful completion, both on time and within budget.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, think critically, and coordinate various types of marketing events with good results.
- Detail-oriented, excellent time-management and planning abilities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely with different groups of people.
- Creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize new ideas, pick up new skills quickly, and work efficiently.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media tools.
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Planner is a plus.
- Interest in the environment and sustainability is a plus.
Salary/Benefits: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. NEEF offers excellent benefits, a collaborative and learning environment, flexible work schedules, and values work-life balance. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a long-term impact at a growing organization. The office is located in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible, but allows permanent telework for qualified candidates in the US. Our team is currently teleworking due to the pandemic.
At NEEF, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve.
NEEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. NEEF is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.